Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

lizzy 01-24-2012 04:06 AM

I don't know how large your blocks are, but you could make a table runner with 5, or some uneven number blocks. Then, use those as the focus blocks using another block with the two appliques on either side.

ranger 01-24-2012 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by ArteEmCasa (Post 4904264)
I got my first UFO of the year done.
It is a set of 5 pieces: 4 placemats and 1 table runner
I started it almost 2 years ago just to practice Free Motion Quilting and set aside because there was no fabric for binding it in my stach.
I'm very happy :) ... Now it is done!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]305689[/ATTACH]

Congratulations on the finish.
They look great.

q.alba 01-24-2012 10:31 PM

January project finished!

2 Attachment(s)
Yes! It is finished! Tulip Bells runner by Southwind Designs. Now, on to the next one. May have to do some mending first, though.

ranger 01-25-2012 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by q.alba (Post 4908218)
Yes! It is finished! Tulip Bells runner by Southwind Designs. Now, on to the next one. May have to do some mending first, though.

Congratulations on the finish.

Beautiful runner!

ranger 01-25-2012 04:30 AM

I did the binding on my Forest Bricks quilt last night. It's FINISHED!!
On to the next top...just need to do the binding on that one so will probably get it done before January is over.

Can't send a pic of my FB quilt because camera is on the fritz....really need to get a new camera.

Judith1005 01-25-2012 04:36 AM

Congrats on the finish ranger. So, sorry about the camera.

Judith1005 01-25-2012 04:38 AM

Qalba, Beautiful table runner. Congrats on the finish. After mending....any plans for the next ufo?

Emma S 01-25-2012 05:53 AM

Qalba: Your table runner is just gorgeous! Really will be perfect for Christmas, Spring and summer.
Ranger: Really disappointed we can't see your finished quilt. Yes you really need to get a new camera, quilters need to see! Congrads on finishing.

dublb 01-25-2012 08:36 AM

Brookmarie & Ranger- :thumbup:Can't wait to see the picts!
Artemcasa-:thumbdown:Such bright colors! Looks like spring time to me. I'm assuming that it is spring where you are.
q.alba- :thumbup:Lovely tulips. That'll make your table happy any season! (What is mending? Oh, wait a minuet, I think I have a bag of that waiting for me to do. It's been there for a couple of years!)

wildyard 01-25-2012 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You guys are doing a great job!! I love hearing the bell ring every time someone finishes another UFO (ok, it's only in my imagination, but I still love it!) LOL! I only have 5 more of the 20 blocks to finish quilting, then I will do the trimming and binding. I sure hope to have this tshirt quilt done by this weekend.
It's much heavier and bigger than I am used to so I have to take a break after each block. Moving that puppy around is wearing on my poor old self. Ohhh, when I was pinning the layers, I got a great photo of my camera shy quilt inspector. I think she is telling me I need more and higher quality safety pins. LOL