Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

frarose 01-25-2012 09:19 AM

I love the UFO's that you ladies have finished. I have about 20 or more UFO's and they are mostly quilt tops. If I can get some finished I will definitely post them here. Right now I am busy working on WIP's I love doing them but seem to put them away when the top is finished.

grammy27 01-25-2012 10:17 AM

I would like to join this. My sewing room is overflowing with UFOs.

dublb 01-25-2012 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 4909360)
You guys are doing a great job!! I love hearing the bell ring every time someone finishes another UFO (ok, it's only in my imagination, but I still love it!) LOL! I only have 5 more of the 20 blocks to finish quilting, then I will do the trimming and binding. I sure hope to have this tshirt quilt done by this weekend.
It's much heavier and bigger than I am used to so I have to take a break after each block. Moving that puppy around is wearing on my poor old self. Ohhh, when I was pinning the layers, I got a great photo of my camera shy quilt inspector. I think she is telling me I need more and higher quality safety pins. LOL

My quilt inspector has that same expression every time I take a pict of him! :)

brookemarie19 01-25-2012 12:11 PM

q.alba... that is a great runner!! Great job.

Can't wait to see a picture of your quilt.. oh yeah, that reminds me. I need to take a picture of MINE lol I get distracted way too easily...

q.alba 01-26-2012 04:50 AM

q.alba- :thumbup:Lovely tulips. That'll make your table happy any season! (What is mending? Oh, wait a minuet, I think I have a bag of that waiting for me to do. It's been there for a couple of years!)[/QUOTE]

dublb - that mending is an unofficial member of my UFO list. I told myself that I can't start another UFO until I get this mending done. It should not take more than a half hour but it has been sitting there for months! Shows how many clothes I have if I can let some sit that long!

Sherryquilts 01-26-2012 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by q.alba (Post 4911855)
q.alba- :thumbup:Lovely tulips. That'll make your table happy any season! (What is mending? Oh, wait a minuet, I think I have a bag of that waiting for me to do. It's been there for a couple of years!)

dublb - that mending is an unofficial member of my UFO list. I told myself that I can't start another UFO until I get this mending done. It should not take more than a half hour but it has been sitting there for months! Shows how many clothes I have if I can let some sit that long![/QUOTE]

I had to make mending a member of my UFOs as well...

SandyinZ4 01-26-2012 08:23 AM

Tulip Bells

Originally Posted by q.alba (Post 4908218)
Yes! It is finished! Tulip Bells runner by Southwind Designs. Now, on to the next one. May have to do some mending first, though.

I have this pattern and have made two of this in different color combos. It is not as hard as it looks and comes out very stunning. Yours is wonderful!

SandyinZ4 01-26-2012 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 4909360)
...I love hearing the bell ring every time someone finishes another UFO (ok, it's only in my imagination, but I still love it!) LOL! .... I sure hope to have this tshirt quilt done by this weekend.... I got a great photo of my camera shy quilt inspector. I think she is telling me I need more and higher quality safety pins. LOL

Linda, Loved your shy quilt inspector pic. Your t-shirt quilt looks great too and looking forward to seeing it finished. You are an amazing quilter and I am always excited to see your next creative project!

mississippiqltr 01-26-2012 08:46 AM

I'm ready! Jumping in with both feet!

Annaquilts 01-26-2012 09:14 AM

I am joining. There is a scary organized stack of UFOs in my closet. I don't even want to count them but I do want to finnish them. DH is gone this weekend so a perfect time to start and sign up. I need the support of a group like this.