Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

SandyinZ4 08-28-2012 06:48 AM

That Tangled quilt is really amazing. You really followed the movie well with it. Love your rocker too. Those kind of things are really hard to get rid of because you know they can never be replaced.

QuilterMomma 08-28-2012 07:32 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is the finished product of that round robin I just finished. I finally got the binding on and on a bed to photo.[ATTACH=CONFIG]358556[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]358557[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]358558[/ATTACH]

missgigglewings 08-28-2012 04:12 PM

Wow QM..that is bright and beautiful! I love it!

Nanachar 08-29-2012 04:04 AM

QuilterMomma, once again your work is stunning! I don't know which I like better, the faux Drunkard's Path or the Thangles. I think maybe the Faux Drunkard's Path.....just stunning.

And thanks for the little push I needed to think about reupolstering two small library chairs I have. I hated to think what the cost would be to send them out, but now I will start to look for the fabric to do them myself. Thank you again!

missgigglewings 08-29-2012 06:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got this month's UFO done! It is small and for my mom and her wheelchair. She loves green and this was started on her last visit in 2009! Well...that's when I planned it anyway! It barely made August!

QuilterMomma 08-29-2012 07:38 AM

I love the colors in this one. nice finish girl.

dublb 08-29-2012 09:22 AM

Now that is green!! Very lovely & your DM will love it.

Judith1005 08-29-2012 12:33 PM

MissGiggleWings, I love that color green. Very very pretty!! I hear the bells ringing for you.

Krystyna 08-30-2012 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5462792)
I have been mia because I finally finished a top that I started 11 years ago today. I figured since the boss did not remember my Bday, then he would not mind I took a little extra lunch and started late this am, he's not here so executive decision on my part, and I feel so relieved. I have been trying to do this bugger all year long. It only had 576 2.5" squares to sew along with 3.5" squares to 6.5" squares and is a queen. yep, a whole lot of little squares. Be different if sampler but a whole pattern of faux drunkard path and I can say I know why it took me so long to want to do but fell in love with it once I got the blocks to the 6.5" stage and was able to sew the top. Now to get a quilting panto that I like for it. Does not need custom, an e2e will do nicely. It is busy enough. Well, out to garage to get some quilitng done.

Wow, that is wonderful!

carriem 08-31-2012 02:43 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Great finishes this week ladies!

I was able to finish the D9P quilt I have been working on. I did QAYG by the row. I have included close ups of the 2 different blocks and the borders/binding. Backing is a deep purple marble flannel. I used Dream Puff batting.

That makes 3 lap quilts finished this month--one for ds, one for a friend's ds and this one for my MIL! I have one more lap quilt to finish using a different QAYG method and I will have all of that size UFOs done. Next I will work on the twin-size quilts...I have 4 of those, 2 to donate and 2 using the PC blocks (Farmer's Wife Pony Club). If I can keep to my "at least one a month" goal, I could have these all done by the end of the year!!

Carrie