Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

kaykuilts 02-28-2012 06:05 PM

Count me in. I have listed 12, but have lots more. I think this is a wonderful idea. I promise not to start anything new that might end up a UFO.

oksewglad 02-28-2012 07:58 PM

Great finishes! That SSue is so sweet! When I saw the dolphin quilt appear I said to myself, "Those borders look like something KwiltKrazy would do." Duh then I see the fires burning!!! If you zoom up to 400% you can see the beautiful FMQ work she's done and the realistic dolphin skin. Just wonderful.

dublb 02-28-2012 11:07 PM

Sunlitensmiles - The Sue's are awesome! You quilted it just right! And that Drunkards Path,WOW! Such vibrant colors!
Kwiltkrazy - Love those Dolphins! I could just jump in & swim with 'em!
Stichenpost & kaykuilts - Welcome! Just finish all of those UFO's & post 'em!

kwiltkrazy 02-29-2012 12:23 AM

Boy Gladie, I'm gonna have to keep you around, you're great for my ego. I took a class on using crayons and oil pastels, and it was terrific. Of course you know I love to curve piece, and pink is my sister's fav. color.
Thank you all for the compliments, it felt good to get it finished.

ranger 02-29-2012 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by kaykuilts (Post 5017338)
Count me in. I have listed 12, but have lots more. I think this is a wonderful idea. I promise not to start anything new that might end up a UFO.

Welcome aboard kaykuilts.
"I promise not to start anything new that might end up a UFO"
Be careful of making promises you may not be able to keep! LOL.

mimiknoxtaylor 02-29-2012 05:23 AM

SunlitenSmiles, Great job! I love Sunbonnet Sue quilts

wildyard 02-29-2012 09:53 AM

Great finishes ladies! Ringing those bells and tooting the horn and that train just keeps on rolling!I have to decide which UFO to target for March along with the new projects I have to do. I have to make 2 ribbon quilts and I think the grey, black and purple for my DGS is the UFO for March! I've only got 2 weeks tho as I'm off to Ohio on the 17th to hang with the grandbrats during their spring break.

QuilterMomma 02-29-2012 10:02 AM

Wonderful to see more are joining in. I am so glad.
Wildyard, you can do it, just stay focused, you have a plan of action. you can do it girl.

QuilterMomma 02-29-2012 10:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of more finishes. That will make 8 for February. Working on a pin cushion and pp pie potholder that I have had for over 8 years. Time to get it done. Yes, kit and all. The tissue cabin needs some help, followed the pattern but would tweek the next time I make it. Like using pentex as the stabilizer instead of batting on roof and eaves. I will take the chimney off and readjust I think. But is cute for what it is and my first tissue box cover. The heart bargello matches the king size heart bargello I made for my bed last year. I cut this out, sewed it and then left it to be quilted. Now it is complete and will hang on my wall in my room. Oh goodie, more to enjoy looking at.

wildyard 02-29-2012 11:17 AM

Ohhhh I loveeeeee that heart!!