Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

ckcowl 01-09-2012 01:08 PM

oksewglad- thanks for the advice- i had really allowed this project to be --- a rock around my neck---and you are right- it does not have to be- i need to clean my room- pull out the box- dump the fabrics on the table and let them (speak to me) :)
who knows- if i look at them with (more positive eyes) i may even be able to make the quilt they were first purchased for- its been 7 or 8 years- i need to *get over it!*
thanks for the ---insight and support :)

Short an Sweet 01-09-2012 01:24 PM

I did a class and I made all the sqs for a Full quilt, and have decide that now I am going to sew it up into lap quilts instead, I LOVE the fabric and the original pattern, but I dont love the idea of trying to find a LA and I can do lap quilts on my machine at home lol

oksewglad 01-09-2012 02:04 PM

Ah I caught the warm fuzzy you sent ckcowl!:)

And SNS--you are thinking "what if's" as well. :thumbup:Seems to me the idea of sending the quilt out to a LAQ was stopping you from making a beautiful quilt(s). Think about dividing bigger quilts into 4. Quilt each quandrant seperately, then join the 4 quilted segments into one large "4 patch" QAYG style. Then bind your completed quilt. If you leave enough batting for borders on 2 sides of each quarter you can then attach borders on both top and bottom after the 4 pieces are QAYG. Finally FMQ the borders., attach the binding and you are done!

Short an Sweet 01-09-2012 03:08 PM

where's that "like" button lol

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4858803)
Ah I caught the warm fuzzy you sent ckcowl!:)

And SNS--you are thinking "what if's" as well. :thumbup:Seems to me the idea of sending the quilt out to a LAQ was stopping you from making a beautiful quilt(s). Think about dividing bigger quilts into 4. Quilt each quandrant seperately, then join the 4 quilted segments into one large "4 patch" QAYG style. Then bind your completed quilt. If you leave enough batting for borders on 2 sides of each quarter you can then attach borders on both top and bottom after the 4 pieces are QAYG. Finally FMQ the borders., attach the binding and you are done!

quilt3311 01-09-2012 06:48 PM

This sounds like I need to be here. I've finished 10 tops in the last 10 days. Most were BOM quilts or quilts started and not completed at retreats. There is a kaleidoscope, Tennessee Waltz, tree quilt, purple blocks quilt, these are all queen size. 4 BOM tops -throw size, a pieced spool quilt, twin size and a wall quilt. Now plan to get them layered and quilted this winter. Waiting for the weather to turn cold and keep me at home. grin

dublb 01-09-2012 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by quilt3311 (Post 4859664)
This sounds like I need to be here. I've finished 10 tops in the last 10 days. Most were BOM quilts or quilts started and not completed at retreats. There is a kaleidoscope, Tennessee Waltz, tree quilt, purple blocks quilt, these are all queen size. 4 BOM tops -throw size, a pieced spool quilt, twin size and a wall quilt. Now plan to get them layered and quilted this winter. Waiting for the weather to turn cold and keep me at home. grin

Oh you're doing great! Can you post some picts? We'd love to see!

CrazyQuiltLady 01-09-2012 07:01 PM

Quick question quilting friends. Can we post any sewing UFO's or just quilted items?

cjr 01-09-2012 08:40 PM

I just finished reading all of this thread. My goal is finishmost of my UFO. My quilt group at senior center is between quilts --- some finished some still have work to be done. Today we all decided to do ufos for a month or so. I have finished this week a lap quilt that only needed 2 hrs worth of work on it. Bigger projects is finish 8 queen size quilts that are in varing stages of completion. I'm hoping to get most of them done before June. I will be happy if they are all totally pieced, And two quilted. I do my own quilting on my domestic vintage Singers. But I like to start new projects. Finish...finish...finish...finish...finish...finis h.

Judith1005 01-10-2012 04:45 AM

Of course, we love to see them all. Post away:).

Originally Posted by CrazyQuiltLady (Post 4859700)
Quick question quilting friends. Can we post any sewing UFO's or just quilted items?

sonisew 01-10-2012 10:29 AM

I joined 2011 and slipped a little but did finish a few things. I will give 2012 a go and see how much I get finished.