Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

QuilterMomma 01-20-2012 11:24 AM

Yes, it does because it was the intent on making the quilt.

QuilterMomma 01-20-2012 11:25 AM

Ladies, be sure to vote on the Purse challenge!!

oksewglad 01-20-2012 12:38 PM

We must keep plugging away, but alas I ponied up to the FWPonyClub sew along on the board. I'm entering a little late as they started first week of Jan, but hope the sew along keeps me on track.
Linda--glad to hear you are back sewing again, hope your "time off" allowed you to do some other quilt related things.:)

wildyard 01-20-2012 12:58 PM

progress on t-shirt quilt

2 Attachment(s)
Well, first of all, I think that the rule is, if you consider it a UFO, then it counts. There are no other rules about it so far as I know.
I thought I'd take a break to rest my knee and show you all where I am on the quilt. I am ready to add the outer borders but here is how it looks so far:

oksewglad 01-20-2012 01:03 PM

Those primary colors sure spiced up your quilt, Linda!!

Judith1005 01-20-2012 04:48 PM

Linda, that looks great!!

wildyard 01-20-2012 05:21 PM

Thanks for the kind words! I now have the outside borders sewn on and am debating adding a 2.5" scrappy border from all the fabrics that frame the tshirt squares.
This would never be my choice of colors but I know the person I am making it for is going to love it. And that is what matters!

dublb 01-20-2012 05:29 PM

Wildyard- That's the happiest T-shirt quilt I've ever seen!:thumbup:
Oksewglad- Your're right about the PC cutting into time with my UFO's, yet seeing everyone's getting done is keeping me on track w/my DGSon's quilt. So I'm working on the PC quilt, my cousins quilt, & my DGSon's quilt. Ya'll are keeping me on track! Thanks!

Fraew 01-20-2012 05:35 PM

How does something become a UFO? Starting to wonder how anything gets finished!!!

4 Attachment(s)
I started this "quick" and "easy" project in November to celebrate completing a UFO. 1 off the list, 1 on the list I thought.

Pattern: Summer in the Park; Missouri Star Quilt Co. video tutorial using "only" a jelly roll paired with a light fabric. Sew into tubes and rotary cut...easy right? :)

Strip sewing was easy. Rotary cutting was easy. Pressing...painful. Squaring them up...painful. Matching the points almost caused a heart attack! And then...I laid the pattern out on the floor and could barely even see it! What to do? What to do? Pack it up, that's what = UFO :(

I know, try some sashing. Shop, shop, shop some more and purchase fabulous sashing. No time to work on that now. Pack it up. :(

Now what for borders? Shop, shop, shop and order coordinating paisley print :)...that looks hideous with the rest of it. Ugh! :mad: Pack it up.

Backing? I know. Use hideous paisley that didn't work for borders! Check. :D

If I could just figure out those borders, this will still be the fastest top I have ever completed!

BarbEllen 01-20-2012 06:23 PM

:eek:

Originally Posted by sylviak (Post 4892601)
If you have ordered a kit way back when and not got around to starting it, does it count as a UFO?

If it does, I'll have to add about 2 dozen more to my UFO list;)
I do sort of count them as WIPs since I did really plan to make them when I purchased the kits.

Today I got some more done on my Sis's BD quilt. This looked like such a straightforward quilt when I started. It's taking so much more than I expected time wise. I satin stirched around 31 one inch squares today and have 31 to go. Not hard - just tedious. The rest should go at a faster pace, I hope.