Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

Emma S 01-17-2012 05:34 PM

Quiltermomma: Thanks, I would not want to endanger you. Just have to keep focused, focused ..........what?
Murphy: The quilt you are working on is really beautiful. I love rust! What is that pattern called?

Fraew 01-17-2012 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy1 (Post 4885050)
I shall get it done. Posted is the first 1/4 of the spokes that I completed before I stopped for over a year. I will post again when it is a full circle sewed together.

Oh my that is going to be beautiful! Sew, sew, sew! :)

SandyinZ4 01-17-2012 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by fatsewcat (Post 4881729)
Hi Im Amanda - ...Wish me luck! I'm going to need it.

Wishing you lots of luck and even moreso...the time to get it done. I never seem to have enough. Glad you joined us. Don't forget to post pics.

SandyinZ4 01-17-2012 06:21 PM

I am finally starting my UFO that I hope to have the spokes completed by the end of the month and the whole quilt done by the end of February. ... I will post again when it is a full circle sewed together.

That is one amazing quilt pattern. Looking forward to seeing the finished top! Wow!

karenpatrick 01-18-2012 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by bubble951 (Post 4882917)
Ok..........something must be wrong with me. I don't have any UFO's!!!!!!!!!! I won't allow myself to begin another project until I finish what I'm working on. I have many ideas for projects and allow myself to start collecting materials and items needed for a new project, but put it aside until I finish what I'm working on. Right now, I have about 4 quilt tops and a couple of purses standing in line waiting their turn. I wish I could sew faster!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know very many of us who have that self control. I get bored easily and need several things going at once.

karenpatrick 01-18-2012 04:05 AM

Yesterday I finished my denim rag quilt that I started back in 2010. All it needs is washing. 1 down - 7 to go.

ranger 01-18-2012 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 4884450)
Okay, I'm in trouble. a couple beautiful flannel rag quilts have been posted in the past week. I want so badly to start mine. Ladies; please talk me down. This is exactly how it starts. I think, "I'll only do a few of these blocks, just to take a break from what I am working on." Tada, another UFO.

Emma...I know just what you are feeling.
I am trying to get the quilting finished on my Forest Bricks top.
Then I decided that I want to do a sampler.
I am no inspiration to you because I cut out the pieces for 6 blocks of a sampler.

On the plus side...I put aside the cut pieces and I'm still slogging away at the quilting on Forest Bricks.

Isn't this just how we get to have so many UFOs!!

ranger 01-18-2012 04:30 AM

I am finally starting my UFO that I hope to have the spokes completed by the end of the month and the whole quilt done by the end of February. I started this quilt in 2010 and got tired of getting up and down up and down. It is a paper piecing Venice Rose using freezer paper. All the fabric is cut and numbered - all I need to do is sew, tack and cut over and over again. I started working on it today, the first spoke took me 2 hours, the second only an hour. I shall get it done. Posted is the first 1/4 of the spokes that I completed before I stopped for over a year. I will post again when it is a full circle sewed together.

Murphy, love your pattern and the colors are so rich-looking.....beautiful .
Please finish it, as I would love to see it completed.
Would like to know where you got the pattern.
Then again...if I get the pattern, I'll probably wind up with another UFO!
Still, I would like to have the pattern for inspiration.......he-he!

bubble951 01-18-2012 05:37 AM

I don't know very many of us who have that self control. I get bored easily and need several things going at once.
I don't think it has as much to do with self control, but neccessity. I've always loved sewing, but with working outside the home that included extensive traveling, if I was going to get any satifaction in my love of sewing, I had to finish the project I was working on with the time I had to donate to the project. Since I was in sales and marketing, unhappiness with myself did not help my attitude in my work. So, a habit was formed and I still have it! Enjoying this retirement!

Emma S 01-18-2012 07:07 AM

When I posted I knew you guys would understand the lure of a new project. Strangely enough the responses gave me laugh and put me back on track.
Ranger: I am afraid you and I are kindred spirits. Quiltermomma is here for you. I would try to help but I would probably just ask where you got the pattern.