Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

bubble951 01-17-2012 04:40 AM

Ok..........something must be wrong with me. I don't have any UFO's!!!!!!!!!! I won't allow myself to begin another project until I finish what I'm working on. I have many ideas for projects and allow myself to start collecting materials and items needed for a new project, but put it aside until I finish what I'm working on. Right now, I have about 4 quilt tops and a couple of purses standing in line waiting their turn. I wish I could sew faster!!!!!!!!!!

sewNso 01-17-2012 06:32 AM

I have a dresden plate. all the plates are made, i just have to set them and do the edges. think i will machine applique them.

QuilterMomma 01-17-2012 10:30 AM

We are jealous bubble951 we want to be in your shoes so we can start new things.

MisDixie 01-17-2012 11:40 AM

QUICK... Any members from bubble951area run over and start her projects for her so she can join the club! LOL
or if you want we can send you a few so you won't feel left out.
QuilterMomma you got it right, pea green with envey here.

Originally Posted by bubble951 (Post 4882917)
Ok..........something must be wrong with me. I don't have any UFO's!!!!!!!!!! I won't allow myself to begin another project until I finish what I'm working on. I have many ideas for projects and allow myself to start collecting materials and items needed for a new project, but put it aside until I finish what I'm working on. Right now, I have about 4 quilt tops and a couple of purses standing in line waiting their turn. I wish I could sew faster!!!!!!!!!!

Emma S 01-17-2012 12:55 PM

Okay, I'm in trouble. a couple beautiful flannel rag quilts have been posted in the past week. I want so badly to start mine. Ladies; please talk me down. This is exactly how it starts. I think, "I'll only do a few of these blocks, just to take a break from what I am working on." Tada, another UFO.

QuilterMomma 01-17-2012 01:49 PM

Emma S, down girl. You are in the middle of the Orca Mystery quilt and need to finish it now. Sit right back down there girl and get r done! Did you hear me? Now, stick with what you are doing before I have to drive in this terrible snow storm over 10 hours to tell you no and slap your hands.

Will this do?

bubble951 01-17-2012 01:52 PM

A rag quilt is one of my projects standing in line waiting for its turn at the machine. I've collected plaids for this one. So many projects I want to start, but have to complete colonial courtin first!

QuilterMomma 01-17-2012 01:56 PM

Oh is that how it works bubble951, just wanting to start the projects, that is why you have no UFOs huh? You must have a longer list of wanna dos than me then. LOL:o

Gramie bj 01-17-2012 04:02 PM

Almost done with my second UFO a wall hanging. Never did get the picture of my first one posted no mater what I did it won't accept it. will take another pic and try again when I get 2ed finished. Posting photo's is really bothering me I have done it on this new ight with no problem until now. Have been using same camera and same setting.

Murphy1 01-17-2012 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am finally starting my UFO that I hope to have the spokes completed by the end of the month and the whole quilt done by the end of February. I started this quilt in 2010 and got tired of getting up and down up and down. It is a paper piecing Venice Rose using freezer paper. All the fabric is cut and numbered - all I need to do is sew, tack and cut over and over again. I started working on it today, the first spoke took me 2 hours, the second only an hour. I shall get it done. Posted is the first 1/4 of the spokes that I completed before I stopped for over a year. I will post again when it is a full circle sewed together.