Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

Murphy1 01-18-2012 07:52 AM

This quilt is from Bella Bella Quilts by Norah McMeeking. If you google Venice Rose there will be lots of this quilt. Her book uses the titles of Italy for inspiration. There are 40 spokes, I have 12 done. I shall work, work, work today. Thanks for the encouragement.

Originally Posted by ranger (Post 4885992)
Murphy, love your pattern and the colors are so rich-looking.....beautiful .
Please finish it, as I would love to see it completed.
Would like to know where you got the pattern.
Then again...if I get the pattern, I'll probably wind up with another UFO!
Still, I would like to have the pattern for inspiration.......he-he!

ranger 01-18-2012 12:24 PM

Murphy, thanks for the info.

Robbi24 01-18-2012 03:58 PM

Sign me up I need to get busy and finish lots and lots of UFO's.

CircleSquare 01-18-2012 04:12 PM

Dear "short and sweet" WOW! WOW! I'm really impressed with your organizing!! You go, girl!! All my stash in is plastic totes in the attic and in the closet. Problem is - "out of sight, out of mind." You are doing good!

Vanogay 01-18-2012 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy1 (Post 4885050)
I am finally starting my UFO that I hope to have the spokes completed by the end of the month and the whole quilt done by the end of February. I started this quilt in 2010 and got tired of getting up and down up and down. It is a paper piecing Venice Rose using freezer paper. All the fabric is cut and numbered - all I need to do is sew, tack and cut over and over again. I started working on it today, the first spoke took me 2 hours, the second only an hour. I shall get it done. Posted is the first 1/4 of the spokes that I completed before I stopped for over a year. I will post again when it is a full circle sewed together.

Love those colors. I hear you about getting up and down with paper piecing, but I told myself it kept me from getting a stiff neck as I stretched each time I got up to go to the ironing board. Keep at it and I for one, am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

oksewglad 01-18-2012 07:23 PM

Thanks for sharing the UFO's--will be a treat to see that lovely swirl when finished.
I'm like so many of us--so many ideas started. Rag quilt--have one started another UFO to finish!! I haven't dared count mine, but have 2 done so far.

wildyard 01-18-2012 09:52 PM

I'm finally able to sew again after my knee arthroscopy so I'm working on the t-shirt quilt first. I really want to get this one finished. Next I will finish the Marine's quilt. I have the squares for the t-shirt quilt all done and today I cut the sashings and borders and made the strip sets for the scrappy borders. That's about all my knee could take for one day. But I am thrilled to be able to do that much!

q.alba 01-19-2012 04:58 AM

Wildyard: Glad you talked about your tshirt because that is all I have to do with mine. After reading your reply I thought, Hey, that is really I have to do. I just have to sash and border. The "hard" part is done - got the t-shirt squares done so I don't know why I have put that one down on the list. I am going to have to move that to the top. Thanks!

sylviak 01-20-2012 06:25 AM

I'm in! Got several in various stages that have been set aside. One just need binding, so that will be my first. Plan to work on it tomorrow at our "sit and sew".

sylviak 01-20-2012 06:32 AM

If you have ordered a kit way back when and not got around to starting it, does it count as a UFO?