Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

QuilterMomma 03-13-2012 11:47 AM

Quilt This

1 Attachment(s)
So I have had this quilt for 8 years or so and I just can't seem to quilt it. Any suggestions from you ladies on how best to do this? I have thought and thought and just can't seem to get it done.[ATTACH=CONFIG]319571[/ATTACH]

alisonquilts 03-13-2012 01:07 PM

Wow QuilterMomma! You sure have some beautiful UFOs! I am a lurker on this challenge, so not sure if my opinion counts, but I think I would SITD to emphasize the dark section's outline, and then perhaps have straight quilting lines running through the centers of the patterns...longways for the dark blue, crossways for the light. Easy, and should emphasize the stark beauty of your pattern.
Alison

ranger 03-13-2012 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5057176)
So I have had this quilt for 8 years or so and I just can't seem to quilt it. Any suggestions from you ladies on how best to do this? I have thought and thought and just can't seem to get it done.[ATTACH=CONFIG]319571[/ATTACH]

That is lovely.

I agree with alisonquilts.
I think that you should SITD to make the dark area pop.

Everose 03-13-2012 01:44 PM

Just found this challenge. I need to finish a number of them. I have a habit of doing tops and never quilting them. Always new fabrics and better patterns to try. So will have to find them - they have been placed, replaced and hidden many times.

kwiltkrazy 03-13-2012 02:41 PM

gorgeous quilt QM, great job. I would also try to make the blue pop, I would pebble in the light, and SID in blue.

Judith1005 03-13-2012 03:04 PM

That sounds pretty.

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy (Post 5057534)
gorgeous quilt QM, great job. I would also try to make the blue pop, I would pebble in the light, and SID in blue.

SandyinZ4 03-13-2012 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5057176)

First thing that came into my mind was to do echo stitching. Just mho.

ranger 03-14-2012 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Everose (Post 5057444)
Just found this challenge. I need to finish a number of them. I have a habit of doing tops and never quilting them. Always new fabrics and better patterns to try. So will have to find them - they have been placed, replaced and hidden many times.

Welcome aboard the UFO train, Everose.

Sounds like you are like me...I love doing everything except the actual quilting. I had 8 tops finished when January, 2012 started and none were quilted. I have 4 quilted now and working on the fifth..which is giving me fits!
Can't seem to stay at it any length of time. It is so hard wrestling it through my little sewing machine.

Looking forward to seeing your projects.

wildyard 03-14-2012 12:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I head out to Ohio tomorrow so that is going to put a 11 day dent in my progress. But it's worth it to get all that time hanging with the grandbrats!
I got the original 9 patches sewn for the third grandson's quilt, which is only a semi UfO as I've had the fabric collected a long time now, just didn't get started on it. I'm doing the Scrambled D9P so here are pics of the original squares and after they have been scrambled. I will have to get them sewn together and add borders after I get back home. I am calling it Seasonal because of all the seasonal shades of green.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]319909[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]319904[/ATTACH]

SandyinZ4 03-15-2012 07:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is link to when I posted my TT top.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...a-t141816.html

Since this post has encouraged me to finish some UFO's, I got my borders on yesterday. I ordered backing fabric online (way cheaper than driving an hour to nearest fabric store) and as soon as I get it, it will be sent off to LA quilter. Hurray! I know this isn't totally finished until the binding is on...but wanted to share.