Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

Judith1005 04-01-2012 09:44 AM

Almond, They are awesome. I too love the blue and green colors together. Your round robin quilt came out awesome. Your group really let your center block shine. Aw, the lovely bells ringing for you are making sweet music.

ckcowl 04-01-2012 10:30 AM

finally finished my oldest UFO---

2 Attachment(s)
I am so happy i finally finished this quilt---it was the oldest of my 'current' UFO's---started out as a BOM 10 years ago- i made all of the blocks- then (messed up) cut fabrics to start putting it together---and a month later received a finishing kit i was not expecting- i felt i had really messed everything up & set it aside- by then i had plenty of other projects going on-
over the years i have almost sent the blocks away a couple times- then decided to keep them- just in case i ever got around to finishing it up---i would get it out & look at it- admire the fabrics & the blocks---which i did not do too good at showing well in the pictures-sorry- good thing i'm a better quilter than photographer-
anyway- another (reason-excuse) was i didn't know what i would do with it when it was done----florals really don't (work) in our world---
finally decided it would be perfect for a favorite Aunt- and finished it up! yea! i am going to give it to her for mother's day-
she is going to be soooo surprised!

anyhow- yea- another UFO out of my sewing room!!!
now my oldest one is about 8 or 9 years old---and i guess one of these day's i'm going to have to sit down & start working on it again- ...
i really screwed up with the pics----there are 12 blocks- not 9---but you get the *jest* of it & i showed the back/quilting but i don't know how well that will show up- sometimes pics turn out better on here than i expect-

ranger 04-01-2012 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5107787)
I am so happy i finally finished this quilt---it was the oldest of my 'current' UFO's---started out as a BOM 10 years ago- i made all of the blocks- then (messed up) cut fabrics to start putting it together---and a month later received a finishing kit i was not expecting- i felt i had really messed everything up & set it aside- by then i had plenty of other projects going on-
over the years i have almost sent the blocks away a couple times- then decided to keep them- just in case i ever got around to finishing it up---i would get it out & look at it- admire the fabrics & the blocks---which i did not do too good at showing well in the pictures-sorry- good thing i'm a better quilter than photographer-
anyway- another (reason-excuse) was i didn't know what i would do with it when it was done----florals really don't (work) in our world---
finally decided it would be perfect for a favorite Aunt- and finished it up! yea! i am going to give it to her for mother's day-
she is going to be soooo surprised!

anyhow- yea- another UFO out of my sewing room!!!
now my oldest one is about 8 or 9 years old---and i guess one of these day's i'm going to have to sit down & start working on it again- ...
i really screwed up with the pics----there are 12 blocks- not 9---but you get the *jest* of it & i showed the back/quilting but i don't know how well that will show up- sometimes pics turn out better on here than i expect-

It is beautiful.
You may have screwed up with some things but this quilt looks fantastic.
The colors are great and I like the zigzag red.
Congrats on finishing it.
I

inspectorcmm 04-01-2012 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
finally finished for daughter after over 2 yrs.

ranger 04-01-2012 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by inspectorcmm (Post 5108270)
finally finished for daughter after over 2 yrs.

Ringing the bell for inspectorcmm.
Just looked at your quilt over in Pictures section.
It is beautiful! I like the different size blocks.....it adds interest.
I also like the Prairie Points border. It mimics the points in the blooms and adds cohesiveness (is that a word?) and extra punch to the quilt.
You did a great job with this.

dublb 04-01-2012 02:23 PM

ckcowl & inspectorcmm; Wow great finishes!
ckcowl - Your colors are great. That maroon just pops & adds that wow factor!
inspectorcmm - I love your sunflowers. Are those carpenter wheels forming the peddles?
Ring the bells & sing the songs!
"And another ones down...and another ones down...and another one bites the dust!...."

QuilterMomma 04-01-2012 05:59 PM

All i can say is wow!!!!!!!!

Nanachar 04-02-2012 03:07 AM

Almond, ckcowl, inspectorcmm, Congratulations on your finished quilts.:thumbup: They are all beautiful!

Charlene

SandyinZ4 04-02-2012 07:14 AM

It is such a nice way to start a new week and month by looking at the newest finished projects. Great going and congrats to all of you!

Fraew 04-02-2012 01:29 PM

Great finishes all! Keep it up. :thumbup: