Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

missgigglewings 04-26-2012 11:08 AM

All these ufos are so pretty. I really like your puffy baby quilt QuilterMomma. Did you use hi-loft batting?

QuilterMomma 04-26-2012 11:33 AM

Yes, I used a 9oz batting. It is not always the easiest to quilt with, but does a nice puffy job.

CircleSquare 04-26-2012 05:26 PM

QuilterMomma - I LOVE this one!!

SandyinZ4 04-27-2012 07:01 AM

Quiltermomma- What a different and pretty dresden quilt. I had never seen one like that. Ring that bell!

QuilterMomma 04-27-2012 08:36 AM

It is blocks from a board swap with deb watkins. was great to stretch self to make them all work. she used the quilters cashe pattern but we had to add the leaves.

SandyinZ4 04-28-2012 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay...my turn to ring the bell. I made this Barn Raising quilt at our Guild's retreat last fall. Got the borders on at home and then just a couple months ago, I sent it off to the LA quilter. Yesterday I finished sewing on the binding and got my label on. One less UFO! Hurray!

dublb 04-28-2012 08:54 PM

Such darlin' stars!! Hurray! Sing the song & ring the bells!! Nice job!:thumbup:

missgigglewings 04-29-2012 05:57 AM

April UFO

1 Attachment(s)
I am calling this an April finish because I put half the binding on last night and the other half will go on tonight. My sister gave me 16 Maple Leaf blocks she and her friends in Vermont made. I went to a quilt retreat with them 3 years ago. It goes on my full size bed with a pillow tuck and a drop on the sides and ends...that's why the off-set blue blocks. It looks really cool on my bed.

dublb 04-29-2012 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 5179398)
I am calling this an April finish because I put half the binding on last night and the other half will go on tonight. My sister gave me 16 Maple Leaf blocks she and her friends in Vermont made. I went to a quilt retreat with them 3 years ago. It goes on my full size bed with a pillow tuck and a drop on the sides and ends...that's why the off-set blue blocks. It looks really cool on my bed.

That's lovely! You did good! I can see how the pillow tuck & drop would look.

wildyard 04-29-2012 04:00 PM

You all are simply amazing with so many finishes. Instead of finishes, I have 3 more starts! :shock: What is wrong with that picture? I am going backwards here. Guess my one finish for April is going to be it and I am going to have to get my behind in gear for May! I have 3 must dos for May; the pink ribbon, the beach comfort quilt and the wedding calendar quilt. Sadly, only the wedding quilt is a UFO. LOL. The pink ribbon is only a procrastination. I have 9 of the 12 calendar blocks done so far. Today I designed and started cutting squares for the beach comfort quilt. I'm excited about the design I came up with.