Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

ranger 04-19-2012 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by thomp116 (Post 5147554)
Hi everyone - I have been off the QB for what seems like ages, and am just now catching up on posting pictures.
These are my February UFO's.
#1 is a mystery quilt I started in 1999!
#2 is a tool panel
#3 is my granddaughters birthday gift....while other grandma's are doing pink and cute, I've got 'day of the dead' for the 19 year old. To each her own, I guess.
#4 is some fabric I picked up at our guild yard sale for $2.00. I did add a little more to it, though.

I am enjoying seeing all the UFO's being finished!

Originally Posted by thomp116 (Post 5147597)
Now for March:
#1 are two of the four 'All About Poppa' quilts that I finished in March. I made a total of seven. One has been done for awhile, and I still have two more to quilt. These were made to keep my husband's memory alive for the grandkids. Each family will receive one.
#2 is a wall quilt to hide my daughter's ugly walls (she lives in an old house and the walls are not the best).
#3 was started in 2007 and is based on an antique quilt I saw in a magazine.
#4 is a small baby quilt. No story on this one!
#5 is a Halloween quilt made with blocks received in a block swap last year on the QB.

I am amazed at these great quilts.
You have certainly met the 'get the UFOs finished' challenge for Feb and March.
Wonderful job with them.
It's hard to pick a favorite.
I like the tool panel and the 'day of the dead' quilt and I like the colors in your DD's quilt.
I am envious of the Halloween one because I have wanted to do a Halloween quilt for forever and still haven't done it.
I like the sentiment behind the 'all about Poppy' ones....nice idea.
I will pick the 1999 mystery quilt as my favorite. I like the colors and I am drawn to the continuation of the pattern into the border area...love that. The pattern looks familiar but can't place the name. Or is it your own design and just similar to something I've seen before?

ranger 04-19-2012 03:53 AM

VickiM, ring the bell for you.
Congrats oin the finish. 10 years to finish it...that's a long time but I can understand you forgetting about it with the tragedy of the day.
Do you sell many of these purses?
Good luck with the craft show.

ranger 04-19-2012 04:02 AM

Did you get your binding finished? I take it that the binding you are doing is for the customer quilt.

Have lots of fun with your quilting buddies.

brushandthimble 04-19-2012 04:13 AM

No the binding is not done, out of sight out of mind, it is across the hall when it should be on the couch. It is my quilt started a year ago at during the girls quilt weekend. have been packing, and cutting out projects to work on.

Thank you, we should have a great time. meeting 4 others at Mardens in Maine, shopping then lunch, then to the house. Hope to get something accomplished Fri night before the martini's start LOL. (2 is my limit, I have to climb stairs to get to bed, LOL)

Originally Posted by ranger (Post 5153031)
Did you get your binding finished? I take it that the binding you are doing is for the customer quilt.

Have lots of fun with your quilting buddies.

Judith1005 04-19-2012 12:54 PM

Love the purses and the stories to go with them. Nice finishes. The bell tolls for you.

Have fun Brush and Thimble. :)

VickiM 04-19-2012 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by ranger (Post 5153001)
VickiM, ring the bell for you.
Congrats oin the finish. 10 years to finish it...that's a long time but I can understand you forgetting about it with the tragedy of the day.
Do you sell many of these purses?
Good luck with the craft show.

I play with purses to get away from craft booth items & quilting. So I will usually only make up 6 or so...I was down to just 2 after the Feb. show...I only sell them for $25 to $35...they are mostly made of fabric I get at yardsales or extremely inexpensive...I grab zippers usually at a dime each, etc. So I mostly just play with purses...it's my fun. All patterns I use are free...or I just make it up as I go (the 911 purse is just made up). Keeps me from getting bored.

QuilterMomma 04-20-2012 03:11 PM

Cute purses. Fabric purses are my favorite because you can just wash them and go again.

QuilterMomma 04-23-2012 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally finished a quilt this month. A spring dresdan started last year. Finished the assembly and quilting YEah!

Judith1005 04-23-2012 12:18 PM

very pretty quilter momma, it looks like you used your favorite color. I love the brights you mixed in. Ring the bell!!! Another finish. :)

ranger 04-24-2012 08:01 AM

QM, congrats on the finish.
It looks great.