Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

dublb 04-12-2012 05:53 PM

It's darlin' Fraew! You'll be able ta use it this Christmas. Hooray!

ranger 04-14-2012 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 5135955)
Pattern: Star Flower Wreath by Chickadee Charms Design Company

Started in 1997ish...according to the printed selvage! Why do we do this to ourselves? Start a project, leave it until the fabric is way out of print and try to finish it with no fabric options that work with what you already have? Why quilters I ask? Why?

Answer: I love my hobby, I enjoy a challenge!

It would have helped if I had bought the pattern but noooo, I drafted it myself. Will I ever learn?!?

Answer: Probably not. :)

Off to the LAQ 04-12-12!

Fraew, it is gorgeous! It took you a long time to finish it but it is definitely worth the wait.
Beautiful colors and very creative design.
Ring the bell for you.
Wonderful job.

Fraew 04-14-2012 09:15 AM

You are all so sweet and kind. Thanks for the encouragement. Now to finish my April UFO. :)

QuilterMomma 04-16-2012 12:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some finishes for April. These are old and been in bags just waiting to be done. The turtle did not turn out as nice as I would have hoped, but he will work as a pin cushion. I have four tops to quilt, two baby quilts to quilt that are lined up and ready to go and hopefully finish two 30's quilt tops to quilt. That is the agenda, now to be sure time allows.

Judith1005 04-16-2012 01:23 PM

Great job Quilter Momma, keep them coming. You can do it. I hope your very proud of yourself. That was one long list of UFO's your working your ways through. It's awesome seeing all your finishes. I'm enjoying the show.:) :thumbup:

wildyard 04-16-2012 02:14 PM

Oh, I just love the iris, it was my mother's favorite flower, and now it is mine too. Well, one of mine. LOL, I have so many favorites. And the Bluebirds are so adorable, I love that wallhanging!! Great jobs on the finishes and how I love hearing that bell ringing, even if it's not ringing for me. At least I rang it once this month so I am happy and not going to complain at myself for not getting more done.
Starting Saturday is a week of quilting/sewing with family at my S-I-L's home in Webster, NY. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone and having time with them and laughs and fun and games. I am bringing along 2 UFO projects as well as the kaleidascope I started in Ohio and the quilt I want to start for my DH for our 40th anniversary this year. I like having options to work on. :D

brushandthimble 04-17-2012 03:43 AM

2 sides left on binding and I will have an April finish, whoo hooo!
on the list for May, more placemats and journal covers.
Customer quilt need to come first, so I am a bit behind on my UFO finish list:(
this weekend away for 4 days with some girl friends to quit, hope to get alot done, but nothing will get "finished".

thomp116 04-17-2012 03:49 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone - I have been off the QB for what seems like ages, and am just now catching up on posting pictures.
These are my February UFO's.
#1 is a mystery quilt I started in 1999!
#2 is a tool panel
#3 is my granddaughters birthday gift....while other grandma's are doing pink and cute, I've got 'day of the dead' for the 19 year old. To each her own, I guess.
#4 is some fabric I picked up at our guild yard sale for $2.00. I did add a little more to it, though.

I am enjoying seeing all the UFO's being finished!

thomp116 04-17-2012 04:03 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Now for March:
#1 are two of the four 'All About Poppa' quilts that I finished in March. I made a total of seven. One has been done for awhile, and I still have two more to quilt. These were made to keep my husband's memory alive for the grandkids. Each family will receive one.
#2 is a wall quilt to hide my daughter's ugly walls (she lives in an old house and the walls are not the best).
#3 was started in 2007 and is based on an antique quilt I saw in a magazine.
#4 is a small baby quilt. No story on this one!
#5 is a Halloween quilt made with blocks received in a block swap last year on the QB.

Judith1005 04-17-2012 05:21 AM

Wow, Kris, awesome finishes!! Thanks for the lovely show over coffee this morning. Can't wait to see more. :) Yes, I'm drooling a bit. LOL beautiful quilting.