Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash-busting Challenge

Hello,
    I just joined this group. Been a forum member for a while, but not active. Looking forward to connecting more! Quilterella, love your butterfly quilt...one of the prettiest patterns on butterflies I have seen for a while.
    I have so much stash to bust I hardly know where to begin and lets not even talk about tops/partially pieced tops, etc.

Jody/aka qltgrose

Knitoid, WTG on your stash busters. I love Bonnie to death, but havent had the courage to really start one of her patterns! I did save a couple of them I really liked from her website.

Jody/aka qltgrose

Blog Entries
    yeah me!! I was at Joanns yesterday for some embroidery supplies and didn't buy any fabric !!! Hard but I survived LOL
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!

Vicki G - Have a Great Day !!
    www.vickigdesigns.com

Blog Entries
    I have failed, none to report for stash busting for the last couple of weeks. Then I went to quilt show and just had to buy a placemat and table runner kit for Christmas decorating this year. If I finish it by Christmas, then it will not be an UFO.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

I'm so enjoying this thread!! I'm a compulsive fabric purchaser - especially when I go to Fabric Shack and hit the remnant carts. (sigh)

I made this quilt from a stash/scrap-busting phase last year. I used all prints - only one tiny sliver of a solid is in there somewhere. I only bought one cut (1 yard of the tiny blue floral in the border). This was one of the most satisfying projects I've ever made. But sadly - it didn't really bust my scraps/stash like I would have liked. I should have made it bigger...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Andie
    http://andiejohnsonsews.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @andiejohnsonsew

Quote Originally Posted by qltgrose View Post
    Knitoid, WTG on your stash busters. I love Bonnie to death, but havent had the courage to really start one of her patterns! I did save a couple of them I really liked from her website.

Jody/aka qltgrose
    Jody - I made Bonnie's Strip Twist pattern with a jelly roll and I. Love. It. It's one of my favorite patterns ever. I went through a pre-cut buying phase a few years ago ad had 5 or 6 jelly rolls just waiting to be used. Try that one - it's so fun and goes together in a flash.
    Andie
    http://andiejohnsonsews.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @andiejohnsonsew

My stash-busting quilts. These were all made from fabric left over from previous quilts. All are lap size quilts intended for nursing home residents.
    Attached Images Attached Images            

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

Quote Originally Posted by jillaine View Post
    Now I know that stash-busting does not necessarily mean scrappy, but for those for whom it MIGHT mean that, I just received the following link from the Quilt Inspiration blog. I've never seen this pattern before-- and apparently it's been around long enough that someone has an antique quilt made with this pattern. I like that it's a) simple (pattern is included, scroll down to the bottom); b) looks traditional enough for my tastes; c) is also "abstract" in that it conveys butterfly without being cutesy; and d) could also be made as non-scrappy.

Check it out:

http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.com...uilts-and.html
    I used you link to this page and found the quilt called "Dancing Ribbions" . It is a beatiful quilt and I printed off the instructions. However, it is only 12 inches by 12 inches. I would like to make it bed size but I am having difficulty with the math on increasing the size of the cuts. Can anyone help???

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

Blog Entries
    What is the best size for nursing home quilts? I am making one for an 80th birthday for a man who is in wheel chair. just checking so not making to small. but you do not want to big.

Blog Entries
    Ccorazone, it is a paper pieced pattern, could you enlarge the design? I have no idea on this one.

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast