Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Awesome Zucchini Bread

  1. #1
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,664
    Blog Entries
    19
    2 1/2 C sugar
    3 eggs
    3/4 C oil
    1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    2 C grated zucchini
    3 C flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp ground cloves
    1 tsp nutmeg
    1 C chopped nuts
    **1 container applesauce, natural style (no added sugar)

    Beat together well the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. When well blended, thoroughly mix in grated zucchini. Next add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices and mix throughly. AT this point, add in chopped nuts (optional) and the container of applesauce. Pour into a greased and floured (I use Baker's Joy) Bundt pan, 2 9 X 5 loaf pans or 3 8 X 4 loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes. Cool in pan(s) for 10 minutes and turn out. Cool desired amount of time, eat and enjoy. These can be frozen for later use if well wrapped in Press 'n' Seal and then aluminum foil.

    ** For applesauce, I use a Motts single serving size container that I buy in the canned fruit section. I do use Motts Natural, No Sugar Added variety. If not using applesauce, then use 1 C oil. The applesauce makes a moister bread which I like better than no applesauce and all oil.

  2. #2
    Power Poster alikat110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    15,168
    Blog Entries
    9
    Love zucchini bread. Thanks for the recipe

  3. #3
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,664
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by alikat110
    Love zucchini bread. Thanks for the recipe
    No problem. The zucchini fairy blessed me yesterday.

  4. #4
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    31,244
    Blog Entries
    194
    thanks for the recipe

    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts
    2 1/2 C sugar
    3 eggs
    3/4 C oil
    1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    2 C grated zucchini
    3 C flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp ground cloves
    1 tsp nutmeg
    1 C chopped nuts
    **1 container applesauce, natural style (no added sugar)

    Beat together well the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. When well blended, thoroughly mix in grated zucchini. Next add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices and mix throughly. AT this point, add in chopped nuts (optional) and the container of applesauce. Pour into a greased and floured (I use Baker's Joy) Bundt pan, 2 9 X 5 loaf pans or 3 8 X 4 loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes. Cool in pan(s) for 10 minutes and turn out. Cool desired amount of time, eat and enjoy. These can be frozen for later use if well wrapped in Press 'n' Seal and then aluminum foil.

    ** For applesauce, I use a Motts single serving size container that I buy in the canned fruit section. I do use Motts Natural, No Sugar Added variety. If not using applesauce, then use 1 C oil. The applesauce makes a moister bread which I like better than no applesauce and all oil.

  5. #5
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,664
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    thanks for the recipe
    No problem. This is a crowd pleaser. I have had a few people not like it because of the spices used in it but not very many. Great way to use up excess zucchini.

  6. #6
    Super Member NancyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,351
    Sounds delectable! I am definitely going to try this! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!

  7. #7
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,664
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyG
    Sounds delectable! I am definitely going to try this! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!
    Your welcome and no problem with the sharing.

  8. #8
    Senior Member kwendt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Coastal Florida
    Posts
    956
    Yumm.... when/if you run out of applesauce, use apple butter. I'm gonna try this out next week, Chris. Thank you for posting. I have saved made sure your name, post date, etc. is on my copy. Can't wait... ! Thank you.

  9. #9
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,664
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by kwendt
    Yumm.... when/if you run out of applesauce, use apple butter. I'm gonna try this out next week, Chris. Thank you for posting. I have saved made sure your name, post date, etc. is on my copy. Can't wait... ! Thank you.
    You're welcome and I never thought of substituting apple butter. I honestly thought everyone had a zucchini bread recipe - very common where I grew up.

  10. #10
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,972
    Blog Entries
    10
    Yummy! Thanks Chris! I will have to buy applesauce. I plan to make this tomorrow if the weather is much cooler. I bookmarked your recipe in my pages.

    Thanks for posting!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.