Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Babka  anyone????  Need help on this one >

Babka anyone???? Need help on this one

Babka anyone???? Need help on this one

Old 11-30-2010, 02:58 PM

I was wondering if anyone has a good recipe for Babka bread. I have been looking for one for quite a while and am having no luck... there are tons on the internet but I rather know if they are good before I buy all the stuff to make them and it turns out yucky LOL.. so if anyone has a recipe they would not mind sharing I would appreciate it.. THANK YOU ....
Old 11-30-2010, 03:45 PM

I would trust this gal with my kids, so I bet her babka recipe is out of this world: http://snapdragons.wordpress.com/201...ocolate-babka/
Old 11-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Google Goddess

thanks for the recipe

Originally Posted by Chele
I would trust this gal with my kids, so I bet her babka recipe is out of this world: http://snapdragons.wordpress.com/201...ocolate-babka/
Old 12-01-2010, 01:00 AM

Thank you Chele.... it is very hard to find someone with a good recipe... thanks again and have a great week...
Old 12-01-2010, 04:58 PM

Sounds really good. Will try it for the holidays.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:38 PM

you can also try allrecipes.com - found 2 there - but would totally trust the one from the woman above that would trust her kids with her - can't beat that!
Old 12-01-2010, 07:51 PM

it was good to hear the word babka..i haven't heard that word since my mom pasted away...she used to make it for christmas and easter..she would make a brade on top to fanci it up and i would peal it off and eat it. all the breads were bare by the time she would cut them...i'll check with my sister to see if she has my mom's receipe...also i miss hearing the slovak language. once i heard two people talking slovak in a store and i just stayed close just to hear it spoken.....
Old 12-02-2010, 05:23 AM

Michelee.... THANK YOU so much.. I would appreciate it more then you know. About two years ago I made up cookbooks for my mom, sister and I with all our treasured family recipes..It came out pretty nice and I figured it could be handed down to my neice and maybe her daughter one day. I will make sure to add your recipe to it if your sister has it. It is hard to find good recipes. It is cute you used to eat all the tops off the bread...My Nana passed away quite a few years ago .. I was yonger but oh how I now wish I would have spent more time cooking with her. She was Hungarian and made some DELICIOUS food... thank you for sharing...
Old 12-02-2010, 06:39 AM

quilter two.
Sorry, i just called my sister and she doesn't have her receipe. the only one she has is for nut rolls....do you make chicken paprikas (spelling)...my mom cooked hungarian foods too..i wish i would of written her receipes down, but i was too young to care....my mom made everything from scratch..
sorry i couldn't help
Old 12-05-2010, 02:30 AM

i have a babka recipe that my mil gave to me years ago. if you are still looking for one pm me - i could send you a copy.