Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Baby Shower Foods >

Baby Shower Foods

Baby Shower Foods

Old 04-05-2012, 04:54 PM

I always like a tray with deviled eggs, cubed cheese, olives, pickle wedges! YUM!!
Old 04-05-2012, 05:06 PM

For my DIL's shower, I made sugar cookies in shapes of baby bottles and pacifiers. She was having a girl so things were in pink. We made BBQ pork sandwiches with a crock pot recipe and homemade coleslaw. You could make Tortilla roll ups which wouldn't cost that much. Look on the net under some blog spots for some great cooking ideas.
Try using Foodgawkers.com you'll go crazy lots of EYE CANDY!!! Good luck
Old 04-05-2012, 05:40 PM

Make one package of Hawaiian Punch Fruit Juicy Red according to directions ( I use 1/4 cup less sugar)
1 can frozen 5 Alive citrus punch OR Awake citrus punch (I usually let this defrost just a bit so it is easier to mix)
1 - 2 liter bottle Squirt.

Mix all three together in a punch bowl. This punch is a little tart and very refreshing. It can also be made with Splenda instead of sugar and diet Squirt.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 PM

Many women in late pregnancy have blood sugar problems. It might be best to bypass anything with a ton of sugar. Fresh fruit is always appreciated, and a relatively innocent dip can be made with 1 (8 oz.) pkg. Neufchatel cream cheese (or fat free, if you prefer), 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow cream, and 1 pt. fresh strawberries, whirled in a food processor or blender. It's pink and tasty, and the dairy ingredient is spread pretty thin. If you know the baby is going to be a boy, it's just possible this would work with blueberries, but I haven't tried that, and it might be more gray or lavender than blue.
A great idea I saw one time is a centerpiece made of a watermelon cut to resemble a baby buggy. It's a budget item in that it's both decoration and food. It was hollowed out and filled with a variety of melon balls, berries and other fruit. Wheels were cut (thick!) from oranges and then anchored at the sides with skewers to stabilize the watermelon. It's hard to find refrigerator space for something this big when you're planning for other food, so that might be an item to delegate to a volunteer helper if you have one, or possibly store it overnight in an ice chest with plenty of ice. You can prepare it the day before, but drain the chilled fruit and fill the watermelon just before party time. Try a Google image search for "watermelon baby carriage" - several versions come up.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:54 PM

Will you please share the recipe for the icing that uses pudding and confection sugar?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:11 PM

Easy and yummy foods.
Chicken salad on croissants... several quiches,
You can find "brownie bites" (little round brownies) top each brownie with a dollup of cool whip, top with a fresh raspberry and then drizzle chocolate on top. Looks like you spent hours on them.

PUNCH
Mix Country time lemonade (raspberry or strawberry) with Vernor's Ginger Ale instead of the water and cut up a lemon to take the sweetness out of it...Looks great with all of those lemon slices floating.

Second PUNCH
Mix 1 large container of Hi C punch with a 2 liter of sprite.
Add vanilla ice cream to the bowl....mmmm!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:25 AM

Oh, the icing recipe. I found it in a Family Fun magazine a year or so ago, but can't find it on their website now. It's super simple.

Mix 1 package of Jello Instant Pudding (regular or sugar free) according to package directions
Beat in 1/4 cup confectioners sugar

Spread on cake. If serving the cake later, store in refrigerator.

I intend to pipe it onto the cupcakes, stick 1/2 strawberry in the center or each cupcake, and then drizzle dark chocolate over the strawberries. I think it will be cute and elegant, and it covers decorating the cupcakes because cake decorating isn't one of my strong points.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:31 AM

Hi..., Baby shower recipes that will take a little more time you can plan for the different items such as salads, cookies. Mostly I used to make the salads which good in taste and I also use icing sugar for much more taste.

best baby bottles for newborns
bottle feeding