Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

Last night a bunch of us girls got together at the church to work on our charity quilts for Christmas. One of the girls bought Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and they were to die for! She shared the very simple recipe and now I am sharing with the QB. Hope you enjoy them!! :)

1 pkg Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Swiss Chocolate Cake Mix
    1 container Duncan Hines Creamy Homestyle Vanilla Frosting
    1/2 cup of Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
    15 miniature peanut butter cup candies, cut in half

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Place (2 1/2 inch) paper liners in muffin cup pan.

Prepare, bake, and cool cupcakes following package directions for basic recipe.

Combine Vanilla frosting and peanut butter in medium bowl and stir until smooth. Frost one cupcake and decorate with peanut butter cup candy, cut side down.

Repeat with the remaining cupcakes. Makes about 30 cupcakes.

YUMMY!!!! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    thanks for sharing the recipe

evil mind at work...... what if you took a half a peanut butter cup and poked it down in the batter before baking? mmmm... all gooey when it comes out......

Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts
    evil mind at work...... what if you took a half a peanut butter cup and poked it down in the batter before baking? mmmm... all gooey when it comes out......
    OMG - I think this would taste wonderful! I'm going to try this tomorrow when I make my batch. My friend told me she also uses different cake mixes as well. :)

Quote Originally Posted by quiltinggirl
    OMG - I think this would taste wonderful! I'm going to try this tomorrow when I make my batch. My friend told me she also uses different cake mixes as well. :)
    :lol: My first thought reading this was putting the peanut butter cup inside the cupcake. Let us know how it does. I'm saving the recipe and want to give it a try. Thanks for sharing. :lol: :lol:

Sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by Scakes
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltinggirl
    :lol: My first thought reading this was putting the peanut butter cup inside the cupcake. Let us know how it does. I'm saving the recipe and want to give it a try. Thanks for sharing. :lol: :lol:

I made this recipe today just as PTQUILTS suggested with the Reese Cup in the cake mix itself. She was right . . . it turned out really gooey and it takes wonderfully good!! I took them today to a sew day at one of my LQS and everyone loved them. :)

Oh my - I may need to make these!!

So glad I read down the comments - pushing the candy cup down in the batter. OHHH Yea: Great recipe: Thank U.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast