Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Corn/Kidney Bean Salad

Cool Corn/Kidney Bean Salad

Got up the other morning, and decided to make a cheese omelet. As often happens, before I started it, I had decided to throw in a few veggies....so, I chopped up some red pepper, onion, mushrooms and celery. Stir fried them a little, and decided I had waaayy too much volume for breakfast!

So, I used just a little for that...now what to do with the rest?

Well, I've been trying to think of some different ways to use some kidney beans up. So, I threw in a can of those, a can of corn kernels, tossed it with a good drizzle of greek feta salad dressing and stuck it in the fridge until dinnertime.

I was thrilled when I tasted it. Who knew something so simple could taste so good and be filling as well?

Yum!
    This fabric would be just perfect for a....

Boy that sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Sounds good to me!!

Blog Entries
    Will definitely give it a try.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neeng View Post
    got up the other morning, and decided to make a cheese omelet. As often happens, before i started it, i had decided to throw in a few veggies....so, i chopped up some red pepper, onion, mushrooms and celery. Stir fried them a little, and decided i had waaayy too much volume for breakfast!

So, i used just a little for that...now what to do with the rest?

Well, i've been trying to think of some different ways to use some kidney beans up. So, i threw in a can of those, a can of corn kernels, tossed it with a good drizzle of greek feta salad dressing and stuck it in the fridge until dinnertime.

I was thrilled when i tasted it. Who knew something so simple could taste so good and be filling as well?

Yum!
    my bil rolled chicken breast strips in grippos hot potato chips and then fixed them on the grill untill they were done, there was not one left all 6 people ate like big pigs not little pigs.
    Singer 110 , Singer 7422,Singer AH458923, Singer AD075758, Singer 5528 Singer AE234907, Universal H300795 Kenmore 158.16540, Necchi 3354, Dressmaker S2402, Signature 103-303340, BICOR VX1005 Singer 242

My neighbour is fond of saying, " If it has good things in it there is no reason for it not to taste good." Applies here and you had a full meal deal out of it.