Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Delicious Sweet Potato Baked Fries

  1. #1
    Super Member Quilting Aggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    2,609
    these are a huge favourite in our home.

    Peel and cut up sweet potatoes into the size of fries... place in a bowl with a bit of olive oil and herbs such as basil and oregano. Toss together then empty out onto a baking stone or tray. Put in the oven on 350 degrees celcius for about 40 minutes or until fries are tender. They will disappear before you know it!!


    If basil and oregano are not favourites, try experimenting with other herbs and spices.

    cheers!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Connie1948's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Lunas, New Mexico
    Posts
    430
    I for some reason cannot reply to your PM to me about the Posey quilt. You need at least 4 repeats of the pattern in the fabric.....I ususally purchase 5 to be safe.
    Connie

  3. #3
    Super Member twistedstitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,025
    MMMM, those sound yummy! I love sweet potato fries but I've never made them myself. They even sound healthy! I think I'll have to give it a try.

  4. #4
    HMK
    HMK is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    these are a huge favourite in our home.

    Peel and cut up sweet potatoes into the size of fries... place in a bowl with a bit of olive oil and herbs such as basil and oregano. Toss together then empty out onto a baking stone or tray. Put in the oven on 350 degrees celcius for about 40 minutes or until fries are tender. They will disappear before you know it!!


    If basil and oregano are not favourites, try experimenting with other herbs and spices.

    cheers!

    Just to clarify a bit - I think you meant to say 350 degrees Fahrenheit instead of Celsius(the conversion would make it around 662 degrees)

  5. #5
    Super Member b.zang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,783
    Blog Entries
    1
    Oddly enough, they are delicious with a light sprinkling of cayenne pepper instead of herbs.

    Regular potatoes are also great this way. Don't bother peeling, just cut 'em in chunks, toss wtih olive oil and seasoning and bake. I don't find the oven temperature to be an issue, I just bake along with whatever else is in - a lower temp, more time/higher, less.

    Wonder what else we can bake like this?

  6. #6
    Super Member Quilting Aggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by HMK
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    these are a huge favourite in our home.

    Peel and cut up sweet potatoes into the size of fries... place in a bowl with a bit of olive oil and herbs such as basil and oregano. Toss together then empty out onto a baking stone or tray. Put in the oven on 350 degrees celcius for about 40 minutes or until fries are tender. They will disappear before you know it!!


    If basil and oregano are not favourites, try experimenting with other herbs and spices.

    cheers!

    Just to clarify a bit - I think you meant to say 350 degrees Fahrenheit instead of Celsius(the conversion would make it around 662 degrees)
    It's a Canadian thing LOL..

  7. #7
    Super Member Quilting Aggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    Oddly enough, they are delicious with a light sprinkling of cayenne pepper instead of herbs.

    Regular potatoes are also great this way. Don't bother peeling, just cut 'em in chunks, toss wtih olive oil and seasoning and bake. I don't find the oven temperature to be an issue, I just bake along with whatever else is in - a lower temp, more time/higher, less.

    Wonder what else we can bake like this?
    After writing this recipe today, I made them for supper tonight with some lemon pepper salmon and fresh veggies stir fried in a bit of balsamic vinegar.. YUM!

  8. #8
    Super Member Quilting Aggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedstitcher
    MMMM, those sound yummy! I love sweet potato fries but I've never made them myself. They even sound healthy! I think I'll have to give it a try.
    They are very very good for you!! Try em.. you'll like em!

  9. #9
    Super Member Quilting Aggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie1948
    I for some reason cannot reply to your PM to me about the Posey quilt. You need at least 4 repeats of the pattern in the fabric.....I ususally purchase 5 to be safe.
    Connie
    Thanks for the information Connie... I am figuring I will get 4 1/2 metres.. That should give me plenty to make 20 blocks and borders.

  10. #10
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,781
    Sweet potatoes are just yummy!
    I love them baked!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.