Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you know the recipe?

Do you know the recipe?

I need to find the recipe for this tool. My mom used to make them at Christmas. She had a thin batter and would coat the tool and then dip it in hot grease for a few seconds. They are crispy and coated w/ powdered sugar. Also, I would like to know the name of this dessert.Name:  DSC_0895_2017.JPG
Views: 1948
Size:  1.18 MB
    Enjoying life to the fullest is learning to quilt and riding my motorcycle.

Blog Entries
    Rosettes! Recipes all over the web. This recipe mentions the do's and don'ts of making them.

http://scandinavianfood.about.com/od...anrosettes.htm

My favorite is the same one here: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/rosettes

Thank you so much quiltingcurious and NanaCsews2! Now I remember that name. Kind of obvious lol. I will let you know how they turn out.
    Enjoying life to the fullest is learning to quilt and riding my motorcycle.

Thank you everyone, I've been wanting to make some of these too. Now I don't have to search for the recipe.

I used to make these for my daughter when she got home from kindergarten, we had an iron shaped like a butterfly, and she thought it was giggly wondrous to eat butterflies for lunch! Also "Toad in the Hole" which is a piece of bread with a round hole cut in the middle, put in a frying pan with some melted butter, crack an egg in the middle, let cook until bread is toasted, flip over and cook until egg is done to your liking, add a slice of cheese to melt if you like. Top with the cut out of bread, which has been toasting in the same the pan to give the toad a hat! Now she is making fun lunches for her own pre-kindergartener! They grow up so fast!
    Cosy
    A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever
    http://www.cosyquilt.com

You are welcome, hope they turn out and taste like you remember!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosy View Post
    I used to make these for my daughter when she got home from kindergarten, we had an iron shaped like a butterfly, and she thought it was giggly wondrous to eat butterflies for lunch! Also "Toad in the Hole" which is a piece of bread with a round hole cut in the middle, put in a frying pan with some melted butter, crack an egg in the middle, let cook until bread is toasted, flip over and cook until egg is done to your liking, add a slice of cheese to melt if you like. Top with the cut out of bread, which has been toasting in the same the pan to give the toad a hat! Now she is making fun lunches for her own pre-kindergartener! They grow up so fast!
    Our version of the "Toad in the Hole" in Texas is called a "One-eyed Egyptian".

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

Quote Originally Posted by Ccorazone View Post
    Our version of the "Toad in the Hole" in Texas is called a "One-eyed Egyptian".
    We call it "Egg On An Island"

I call it "delicious fun"......and then....she et it.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast