Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Einkorn a wonderful Organic flour >

Einkorn a wonderful Organic flour

Einkorn a wonderful Organic flour

Old 06-01-2015, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
I will have to check this out, sounds interesting. Also your bread recipe sounds delicious. WOuld you share it also? Thanks
Pat
Yes, please share. A friend of mine would love to know more and so would I. Thanks
Old 06-01-2015, 06:00 PM

I will share it as soon as I make a patch with this flour. It should be arriving any day soon now. BTW, this bread that I am making, will have physillium husk powder in it. Physillium hold the ingredients together and no white flour or egg is going in. Physillium has a lot of fiber. I have ordered 42 ounce of it from my vitamin company....so all that has to come into play. In the meantime, I will be gathering up all the other supplies that I need. This will be a real health bread. I know some of the things that will go into it anyway. sunflower seeds, flax seeds (ground) oats, molasses, There are some other nuts or seeds that I can't think of right now. When I go to the store I will see them and I will write everything down for you. Also three other flours, I think one is rye and whole wheat but things can be omited if you don't like them or they don't agree with you.

Last edited by Rosyhf; 06-01-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:46 PM

3 teas yeast, half c warm water, 1 teas honey let rise for 10 minutes. Mix in another bowl: 3/4 ground flax seeds, 1 c rye flour, 1 c oats, 1 c ground wheat berries, 3 c einkorn flour, 1c wheat bran, 1/4 c wheat germ, 3 teas physlliuim powder, 2 ts sea salt, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds. mix all those real good. When the yeast is ready add 1 1/2 cups of warm water and 1/4 of molasses. Pour that over the flours, you may need to add a little water if you see some dry flour. I covered with plastic and then a towel and put in the oven with the light on to rise. I just checked, it hasn't budged ahahahahhah but we will wait.

This is a trial and error deal here lol. I had to take the dough out and added lots more water as the physllium husk sucked it all up lol. I also add more yeast, after the dough didn't rise after 2 hours lol. I was calling it the bread from hell. After I added more water and yeast, I just worked it and it took as much water as I would give it. It started to rise in an hour in a warm oven (oven light on). I made 4 small loaves and let those rise again but not too much as I want the bread to be dense.

The bread is good. I waited for it to cool and sliced and tasted. It is a heavy bread just like the Fitness bread. The fitness bread is sliced very thinly but it more or less has the same flavor like mine, only mine smells and tastes better. I am pleased with the recipe. The next time I will mix it differently. I like the fullness I get from eating just one slice. The slices are small as I made small loaves, but I have to slice a bit thicker. I need to go get a new electric knife as mine is as dull as.....I did put a pan of water under the loaves while they were baking and it gave the bread a crunchy crust and a chewy inside. I really like the bread.

Today I was able to slice the bread very thinly, it sure holds up and doesn't crumble at all.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0001.jpg  
Old 06-12-2015, 07:36 PM

Oh I can smell it from here!!! Looks delicious.

The store that was suppose to have it here doesn't so I will order some online. Thanks for sharing.