View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Rosyhf

3 teas yeast, half c warm water, 1 teas honey let rise for 10 minutes. Mix in another bowl: 3/4 ground flax seeds, 1 c rye flour, 1 c oats, 1 c ground wheat berries, 3 c einkorn flour, 1c wheat bran, 1/4 c wheat germ, 3 teas physlliuim powder, 2 ts sea salt, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds. mix all those real good. When the yeast is ready add 1 1/2 cups of warm water and 1/4 of molasses. Pour that over the flours, you may need to add a little water if you see some dry flour. I covered with plastic and then a towel and put in the oven with the light on to rise. I just checked, it hasn't budged ahahahahhah but we will wait.

This is a trial and error deal here lol. I had to take the dough out and added lots more water as the physllium husk sucked it all up lol. I also add more yeast, after the dough didn't rise after 2 hours lol. I was calling it the bread from hell. After I added more water and yeast, I just worked it and it took as much water as I would give it. It started to rise in an hour in a warm oven (oven light on). I made 4 small loaves and let those rise again but not too much as I want the bread to be dense.

The bread is good. I waited for it to cool and sliced and tasted. It is a heavy bread just like the Fitness bread. The fitness bread is sliced very thinly but it more or less has the same flavor like mine, only mine smells and tastes better. I am pleased with the recipe. The next time I will mix it differently. I like the fullness I get from eating just one slice. The slices are small as I made small loaves, but I have to slice a bit thicker. I need to go get a new electric knife as mine is as dull as.....I did put a pan of water under the loaves while they were baking and it gave the bread a crunchy crust and a chewy inside. I really like the bread.

Today I was able to slice the bread very thinly, it sure holds up and doesn't crumble at all.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0001.jpg