Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Fantastic party idea for kiddiewinks, small and large :) >

Fantastic party idea for kiddiewinks, small and large :)

Fantastic party idea for kiddiewinks, small and large :)

Old 12-08-2015, 04:59 AM

Talking Fantastic party idea for kiddiewinks, small and large :)

It was my birthday this weekend and I spent it with the family, I suggested having a home made pizza party WOW what a fantastic idea it turned out to be. I bought the 000 italian flour from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o03_s00 which had a foolproof dough pastry recipe on its bag.

Seeing there was kiddiewinks from 9 years old I decided to create a kids recipe soooooooooo we used Heinz Tomato ketchup for the base, which all of us enjoyed, we then used half a tin of sausages and baked beans, spreading the beans thinly and cutting the little sausages in half lengthwise topped with grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese, 7 minutes later a fab pizza which everybody enjoyed. We did do a couple of so called grown up pizzas with an italian base and pepperoni in the topping but it was the kids recipe that was such a success. For brunch the following day it was the same recipe but also had chopped bacon on it

As a retired Chef I will be doing all the Christmas cooking for them as their mum and nanna, my Sister died back in August and I am sure she was looking down on us this weekend joining in the fun as it was all about family. I have been urged by the kids to make sure there is plenty of pizza stuff for over the holiday times which will be no problem as I can see a lot of fun being had, as long as there is at least one grown up in the kitchen we can just leave them to it, fun, fun, fun, and not a lot of money.

The pic is of my Nephew who is 9 making his own pizza, look at that concentration
Attached Thumbnails adam-making-pizza.jpg  
Old 12-08-2015, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

I have my own good yeast pizza dough recipe and I did it one year for my son's birthday. I prepared a dozen rounds in aluminum pie plate and had the children fix their own toppings. It was a hit.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:21 AM

Sounds like a really good time...... so sweet..... thanks for sharing... :-)
Old 12-08-2015, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Kids and pizza is always a good mix here in the states too.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:38 PM

Sounds & looks like they had a great time. Also sounds like you started a new & fun family tradition.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:51 PM
Power Poster

sounds nice, but being a New Yorker and from Long Island, a pizza parlor on every corner, I'd never do ketchup.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time and everyone enjoyed themselves. Great idea for a get together with kiddos.
So glad you had a great time, and a belated happy birthday.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:24 AM

Lynne, we have pizza places here on the Island as well but the cost is sky high doing them at home cost less than 50p for 12" pizza and the fun of the kids doing their own toppings including tomato ketchup was worth a fortune, other that one grownup to supervise with the oven we have decided to lock the kiddiewinks in the kitchen for christmas and let them do their worst!
Old 12-20-2015, 04:33 AM
Power Poster

That looks like a lot of fun. My daughter in law uses frozen bread dough and lets it thaw and rise and then presses into rounds. Sometimes we fold them over to make calzones. But it is really great for everyone to pick their toppings and customize. We all enjoy it. Looks like you did too!
Old 12-20-2015, 05:36 AM

It was so much fun that I have orders to put the few ingredients needed on the Xmas shopping list, no problem with that
Old 12-26-2015, 07:14 PM

I was wondering about beans on pizza, then I saw you are in Wales.

We have homemade pizza once a week. The day varies with m son's work schedule. My son has been making the dough for the last 8 months. We will have it one more time before he moves out next week.

We use a pizza stone and peel. I parbake the crust. I cannot abide a pizza where the dough is not fully cooked. Parbaking ensures a beautiful crust.