Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years Eve To Party or Not To Party?

We use to go to parties when we were younger, but now with all the traffic and people drinking and driving, recently we are staying home for New Years Eve. I was wondering how many quilters are staying home with their family, and how many are out at parties?

Blog Entries
    In my jammies sewing and watching tv.

We had a early supper with the in-laws now we are home for the evening. watching tv and sewing.

Stayed at home and at midnight opened a bottle of Kir Royale made with spring water, white wine and blackcurrant juice. Opened the curtains and watched everyone else's fireworks going off...... now am off to bed as tired!

Not a "party", but a couple of houses down to a neighbor's house to welcome in the New Year. There will just be us 2 couples. No driving and no traffic to contend with - our kind of "party"!

8:30 PM here - Hubby and I just came back from watching a hockey game at the local pub with some friends. I plan on a quiet night of quilting while watching movies with my teenage daughter and her friends. I can rarely stay awake until 12:00! :)

Blog Entries
    Home watching where it's safe.

We're staying home, I'm getting ready to cook a nice Salmon Dinner (served with some wine), we'll have dessert and the later on toast to the New Year - so long as my husband doesn't whimp out and fall asleep on me, LOL... we usually at least like to do something at the house with all our friends (where my husband actually manages to stay awake and drink too much, LOL), but money is very tight this year so we couldn't do it up as we'd usually like to do.

We (much like you) feel the same way about the craziness and the drivers and as a result won't be venturing out. If we had the urge though - we have a nice hometown bar right down the street to have some drinks at and it's well within walking distance so we wouldn't have to worry about having a designated driver for either of us. Luckily neither of us had to work today or tommorrow so we also don't have to deal with the joys of the travelling public getting hammered 50,000 feet in the air on NYE. Believe me, since alcohol and its effects are different that high up, I've seen it all, LOL. I'm not missing flying tonight that's for sure ;)

So, to the rest of you all - please have a safe holiday this evening and enjoy your New Year's Eve celebrations! Much happiness and prosperity for 2011!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
    - The Creative Seamstress

Probably sleeping.

Blog Entries
    Home- here --

So everyone have a Happy and Safe New Year :thumbup:

I've never been a party person, so no party for me.

Blog Entries
    Staying home with my boy. Hope he crashes before midnight so I can go to bed. Otherwise, sewing.

We are staying home as usual. I will probably still be on this board reading and commenting. Hubby will be asleep soon, just another evening.

Happy New Year.

Banned
    Staying home, in my jammies already and drinking eggnog hanging out with my friends here on the forum. Its hard to get a DUI on a laptop!! And you do not have to worry about drunk drivers. :-P

Happy New Years to everyone!!

Billy

Blog Entries
    I'm home and here on the board! Maybe I'll get inspired and go sew something...or not.

Home. Had enchilada supper with family and took sick sister her dinner. HOme alone with my gown on. Happy New Year everybody.

Bon Fire in our orchard and then indoors for the rest of the night. It's a clear night.....but crispy cold. Will be glad to hunker down in front of the tele and watch the ball drop in Times Square at midnight. Happy New Year, My Quilting Friends☺

My husband and I are staying home tonight. We already ate the chocolate dipped strawberries that I did, and we'll get out the big bag of M&Ms soon, when we watch a movie on TV. Don't know if we'll make it to midnight or not! ;)
    Happy & healthy New Year everyone!
    Janie

We always stay home. Family celebration. Most of us don't make it to midnight.

Going to church at 11:00Pm for New Years Eve service. We, the family, have done this for many years. Everyone leaves, by the front door, the church at midnight. It is a beautiful sight each person holding a lighted candle. Lots of good wishes and hugs. Off to breakfast at a local resturant. Home we go, my husband is ready to go home to bed.

Staying home!!!!!!

I'm sick so I'm staying at home. And if I wasn't sick I'd be working until midnight. So either way I'm not going to any parties.

Staying at home with the dog. We celebrated with starting a new quilt top, watching TV and and a break for pizza rolls and chocolate milk. No chocolate milk for the dog!!! To think of the days when i could party all night!!!

had to work now at home and dh is babysiting gk since i had to work he will be back in morning

My 2 college kids are having a party tonight - kids from High School and college. So I will be chaperoning. My sewing room is right next to the family room where they will be playing games & watching movies. So I will be surfing this board and sewing most of the night.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast