Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: fried zucchini recipe

Blog Entries
    Here's another way to have fries. Yep, I scooped out the center, sliced like fries, sprayed with olive oil, shook italian bread crumbs on top, and baked. Yummy. Used ranch dressing to dip them in.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    since I discovered Zucchini fries, I never fry it any more,,, check my earlier thread for the recipe... We have been eating the heck out of them....

I like to slice zucchini and saute with a mass of sliced onions, julienned carrots, celery, peppers and any other veggies that I might have and would go with this. Add some chopped tomatoes along with a little salt, fresh ground pepper and any other herbs/seasonings that strike my fancy at the time. Eat it as is, as a side dish ... with fresh grated parmesan.

Another ... same saute mixture without the tomatoes, but with some canned diced tomatoes, makes a good veggie type stew.

How about zucchini instead of lasagna noodles? I always thought this was weird, til I tried it and well, I'm a convert!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pal
    When sliced for breading and frying, how thick do you slice it?

I've made it paper thin, sauteed in butter with s/p .
    PACE - Positive Attitude Changes Everything

"All things are literally better, lovlier, and more beloved for the imperfections that reflect the human effort that went into their making."

my dil made these and they are great... I made some too, but didn't have the right crumbs, used soda cracker crumbs, and they were good too. Very tasty and so much easier than frying.

http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2...ini-fries.html

Wow thanks for all your recipes.................. know what I am going to be making.

Slice the Zucchini lengthwise, baste with Balsamic vinegar and grill it.
    Karen in Kentucky

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    Zucchini Patties...Grate 1 lb. of zukes--let drain thru paper towel in sieve. Add 1 c. crumbs, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, 1 1/4 Tbsp. finely chopped onion, 1 Tbsp. parsley, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 egg, blk pepper, & 1 cup crumbs for coating. coating. Mix all together, make small (heaped Tbsp) patties, coat w/crumbs, fry in oil until brown on both sides (add oil as needed) This is one of our favorites.
    Sounds deliscious!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

my mom does this ,,, slice zuke and fry some bacon,take bacon out and fry zuke in bacon grease along with some onion,fry untill soft put zuke and onion on plate and crumble bacon on top.,,,,omg goooood southern style

I slice long way and then spray with butter spray from WM. sprinkle with flour and cornmeal. A little sea salt and put them under the broiler. When brown turn and repeat.....
    No grease......We make the zucchini boats all the time......
    There is also a recipe for Mock Apple Pie using Zucchini.....try the yellow squash, much better.....you don't have to peel the yellow squash........
    Love starts with a smile,grows with a kiss and ends with a tear
    Music is wine for the thirsty soul
    A GOOD DAY is a "SEWING DAY"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2