Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Gave in and bought an instapot >

Gave in and bought an instapot

Gave in and bought an instapot

Old 04-09-2017, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
Stitchnripper, I do nothing on FB so that is not an option for any of that information.
I do have an extra ring but will leave the cover upside down from now on.
Would like to make a cheese cake in the future and not use my oven.
Prefer to make smaller dishes and not need to fill the freezer so much.
Will keep an eye out for a glass lid to use for non-pressure cooking.
instead of Facebook go to This Old Gal website and you will find a lot of helpful info. Sometimes I have a taste for something and type into the search bar "Instant Pot - whatever". This Old Gal is the guru of cheesecakes
Old 04-09-2017, 04:52 PM

What I love most about our Instant Pot is that it's my husband's toy and he loves to use it. He is always cooking up something wonderful in it. He bought our daughter one also. She is a busy single mom who is also a special ed teacher and she loves her Pot too. DH and DD and always sending one another recipes to try!
I too, recommend the Facebook Community. There is so much help and information there, as well as recipes and how-to's. It's like this board but for Instant Pots.

My DH makes the best cheesecake in the IP, and I do believe he uses a This Old Gal recipe for it. My DD makes an awesome molten lava cake .... so so good.

Last edited by wildyard; 04-09-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:21 AM

You won't be sorry. I love mine . The best cooking pot in the kitchen; I use it for everything. I have made a complete

Chinese dinner meat and sauce in bottom with a bowl of rice and water on top and cooked! If you like yogurt that works great. Facebook has a few great groups for recipes and there are plenty online.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:39 AM

I've had mine since December. Use it mainly for stews, oatmeal and beans. I leave it on the counter, don't have space in the cabinets.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:44 PM

-Ribs are amazingly easy.
-Beans in general are wonderful...baked beans, black beans with chorizo, black eyed peas...beans don't break up as much because you don't stir them.
-Hardboiled eggs.
-Broth Broth is clear, tasty and easy. I pick a chicken clean and put bones/skin/etc with veggies and make my own broth. Freeze it for future use.
-Stew...amazing! I cook the meat and veggies separately although my daughter add her veggies in steam dish part of the way thru cooking

Lots of good recipes out there. Bought an Instant Pot recipe book for $2 on amazon. Good for recipe ideas. I use mine 1xweek...she uses hers 3-4x a week.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:24 PM

I have been using a standard stove top pressure cooker for about 40 years, I use my pressure cooker to make just about everything.
What's so fabulous about and electric model?
Sharon in Texas
Old 04-10-2017, 06:43 PM

I bought mine in November from Amazon's Black Friday sale. I like it for roasts and pulled meats, my favorite is for hard boiled eggs, practically peel themselves. A lot of people like them for bone broth cause they are so much quicker to use that stove top, I haven't tried that. I need to used it more, right now it just sits out cause I don't have much room for it. Sure are a lot of people making lemon curd and cheese cakes with them!
Old 04-11-2017, 03:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
I have been using a standard stove top pressure cooker for about 40 years, I use my pressure cooker to make just about everything.
What's so fabulous about and electric model?
Sharon in Texas
i will only tell you what I love about it. I have also had a stove top but didn't enjoy using it. Too heavy. Had to watch it. Gave it to a friend and he uses it. The Instant Pot doesn't require any babysitting and it won't explode. Worst case it will shut itself off. I can get a meal in there, clean up he kitchen and set it and then go do something else and come back later and there is a meal. If you are happy with your stove top then that is a no brainer and stick with it!!
Old 04-11-2017, 06:35 PM

Hello Suz, i bought a farberware pot from Walmart for $59.00. I love it. Hope things are good with you.!