Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How to Cook Bacon In the Oven Recipe

Blog Entries

Thanks for the link. This is the best way to cook bacon. I had actually watched Rachel Ray do this on one of her programs, so tried it and really loved this technique. It's so much less messy, and the bacon tasted just like it was supposed to. My picky husband even thought it was good and that I should use this method from now on.

I"ve done it in the oven for ever. One good thing about it is when your cooking a big breakfast that is one less skillet on the stove to worry about. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    I"ve done it in the oven for ever. One good thing about it is when your cooking a big breakfast that is one less skillet on the stove to worry about. :thumbup:

I would set the smoke detectors off every time I fried bacon LOL, until my daughter told me you could do it in the oven. Have done it that way ever since!

How timely for me! I have 3/4 pound bacon "left over" from making Cassoulet and was dreading having to fry it up, even though my DH and DD are practically slavering over the opportunity. This is excellent! Thank you sooooo much!

Blog Entries
    I sometimes cook bacon in my oven, but we prefer to have my DH cook it outside on his gas grill. No mess and no long lasting bacon smell in the house. I know cooked bacon smells great, but many cooking smells give me bad headaches. Either way we cook bacon, we love it. :)

i only have one thing to say........

................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon..

It is really easy to do if you have a convection oven. I set mine on convect bake at 350 degrees. I place parchment paper larger than my cookie sheet on the cookie sheet and then place the bacon on it. I watch it until the desired crispness is achieved.
    Snownannie

I LOVE bacon!!!! I did 3 pounds last night. Due to missing brain cells, LOL, I forgot to use foil & ended up having to scrub the baking sheets :(. However this was so easy & fast & clean up was easier than scrubbing my stove off. Must remember to use foil!!!

thanks for the bacon tip reminded me of grandma thats the way she does it . good memories