Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

Iraxy where did you find those recipes, they sound delicious.

We also made it this year and man we love it. Took to a friend in New York this past weekend and she loves it too. Looking forward to trying it on cornbread.

Would like to know if you included the juice that comes out of the peppers when they are chopped/diced ??
    If I include it, will that make the jelly too thin?
    Thanks, am waiting for your answer.......
    Paulette

I made the mistake of cutting up the peppers on sunday and making the jelly on tuesday, don't do that. If you make cut up the peppers and use them then it's fine

not sure if I said this but I use the certo liquid pectin not the small boxes of powdered powdered pectin. Not sure why but the liquid worked and not the powdered

I wonder if you could use canned jalapenos in place of some fresh ones. I have several pints of the canned ones and it is going to take me forever to use them up as I am the only one who eats them and then in limited amounts. Has anyone tried using canned ones.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly43 View Post
    Would like to know if you included the juice that comes out of the peppers when they are chopped/diced ??
    If I include it, will that make the jelly too thin?
    Thanks, am waiting for your answer.......
    Paulette
    You don't drain the jalapeno peppers. I finally did make some with the dry Ball pectin by using the conversion info for converting the liquid pectin to using the dry pectin and the jelly turned out well after canning. All the recipes called for liquid pectin and all I had was the dry pectin. I used the recipe calling for 12 jalapenos with the tops cut off, then cut in half lengthwise and then seeded, then put in food processor with 1 cup cidar vinegar to blend. (So there's no juice to drain). I did throw one in with all the seeds for a little more kick and then followed the recipe for the remaining vinegar, sugar and pectin.
    Last edited by Jackie R; 10-14-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: clarification

Blog Entries
    I prefer freezer jelly (I don't like messing with sealing jars and all that) so I use this recipe:
    http://www.chocolate-cheese.com/2012...zer-jelly.html

I'm making hot pepper jelly today with Certo dry pectin that I have on hand. The instructions include freezer method for jalapeño jelly made with Apple juice. Usually I make mine with cranberry juice. Today I plan to use canned cherries from last year's crop...I'm imagining the taste already (I'll run them thru the blender and strain)....or maybe I will make pepper jam!!

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    I'm making hot pepper jelly today with Certo dry pectin that I have on hand. The instructions include freezer method for jalapeño jelly made with Apple juice. Usually I make mine with cranberry juice. Today I plan to use canned cherries from last year's crop...I'm imagining the taste already (I'll run them thru the blender and strain)....or maybe I will make pepper jam!!
    Oh, SORRY! I am using SURE JELL dry pectin , not Certo. Now why did my brain lock into that brand? Senior moments are turning into "senior hours"!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast