Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Mexican Vanilla

Mexican Vanilla

I have used Mexican Vanilla for years. You use it just like you would use regular vanilla. Mexican Vanilla is pure vanilla NOT imatation vanilla and it is a bit stronger than most vanilla you would by in the states. I get mine from Mexico, and I only buy the vanilla with the red rooster on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliogirl View Post
    Have any of you used Mexican vanilla in a recipe? Does it change the taste? I bought a large bottle in San Antonio, TX, but I am not sure how to use it.
    Linda58

"A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

I use it all the time if it's pure vanilla don't use anymore than calls for it is strong but really good

I use it all the time. I love it because it is stronger. You can use half as much but I use the same amount given.
    DEB CAVAN

I've used Mexican vanilla for years and love it. To me it is a little stronger than regular vanilla extract, but I like that. I was usually adding extra to recipes anyway.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...B5F8C60F07.png
    There is no snooze button on a hungry cat!

I have used this product alot I really like it.

Blog Entries
    6 months. My first batch I used vodka. I have another batch I started about a month ago and this time I used Rum. I poured out some of the rum, and used 4 vanilla beans (beans are split in half lengthwise and inserted into the bottle). Pour the rum back into the bottle. It smells wonderful already!

Quote Originally Posted by duckie View Post
    To make Mexican vanilla:
    One empty bottle
    two long sticks of vanilla
    add vodka

Put it in a dark cupboard for ____ months(I don't remember if it is 3, 6 or more months)
    Ready to use just like regular vanilla.
    Great flavor!
    Last edited by arbed31; 11-04-2011 at 11:30 AM.

I miss being able to buy it.

mexican vanilla is real vanilla, not the extract that you get in the US. the closest you can get is watkins double strength if you can get it. enjoy.....

I love the Mexican vanilla and use it all the time. I use what the recipe calls for. I think there is a different taste to whatever you put it in but I think it tastes better.

Use it the same as regular vanilla. A friend brought me a big bottle from Mexico a few years ago. I think she paid 2 bucks for it but it was the best vanilla EVER! I sure was sorry to use up the last of it. I got spoiled, it was so good. Enjoy yours.
    Jo

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast