Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Mrs. Leeper's gluten free products

kso
    Does anyone have personal experience with this line of gluten free pastas?

Quote Originally Posted by kso
    Does anyone have personal experience with this line of gluten free pastas?
    They are fantastic especially the boxed meals like hamburger helper's. My DH has celiac and I make them when I need a quick supper. Very tasty!! Hope this helps.

Kathi in PA

I do use Mrs. Leeper's gluten free products, they are very good. One word of caution I would recommend is that you do not over cook the noodles.

Another very good product is Domata Living Flour, Inc. WWW.domatalivingflour.com. My daughter and I have been using this product for years. And if your lucky to find the schar products (from Germany). I am told they just started selling in the states a few years ago, however I have yet to find the product. But the pasta is excellent. Hope this helps you. I have been CD since 1992.

Mrs Leepers product are my favorite pasta next to Schar products from Italy. We can buy both at our local meijer store. I have been Celiac and on the gluten free diet for 9 years. If you have not tried Udi's bread Please try it, it is awesome.

Karole

Blog Entries
    I'm noticing recently gluten free seems to be gaining popularity. I understand for celiac patients but may I ask what exactly is gluten and why is it good for all us to avoid it? Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gluten is responsible for the elasticity in dough or baked goods.(a binder) It is what I call the glue that binds everything together. For those of us who are true Celiac it is considered poison because it attacks the lining of the small intestines (causing inflammation in the lining) which prevents the vitamins and minerals from the food you eat from being absorbed into the body. Which in turn causes a number of problems. It is also a hereditary disease. A good magazine to get is "living Without" it has a lot of good articles about celiac as well as other allergies.
    Hope this helps.

Wheat, Oats, Barley, Rye & Malt Are all Grains that are Gluten so the celiac must also watch out for these grains Not just flour.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the info. It helps clear things up.

I like Mrs. Leeper's corn pasta. It has a lower glycemic index than wheat pasta. It tastes good too.

Thank you for this thread! My 11 mo. old needs to avoid gluten, rice, eggs, and dairy. It is challenging to introduce new foods! The good news is I just re-introduced soy to his diet with no problems! Ya! now he can have soy milk.

Any other great websites that you know of? I am particularly challenged in how to make him a birthday cake next month.

Rose Hall

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast