Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 34 Block 67 Mrs Brown & Block 68 Mrs Fay

The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 34 Block 67 Mrs Brown & Block 68 Mrs Fay

Not too late I hope, I was out early doing errands and lost track of time...But now it's time for the new blocks of the week.
    Any of you ready to post?

Mine will be posted later this afternoon, just have to finish Mrs. Fay.

Mine are ready. I will post this evening when I get back to my laptop.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Name:  1-DSCN0445.JPG
Views: 505
Size:  111.4 KBName:  1-DSCN0444.JPG
Views: 508
Size:  80.1 KBEnjoy!

Love your flowers and butterflies QNS. Ready for summer! Here are mine. I liked Mrs. Brown but Mrs. Fay gave me fits and it is on my do over list. It is probably the most wonky block I've done so far (that I remember). But having practiced those y seams, I think the next one might turn out better for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Name:  1-DSCN0445.JPG
Views: 505
Size:  111.4 KBName:  1-DSCN0444.JPG
Views: 508
Size:  80.1 KBEnjoy!

QuiltingNinaSue, your blocks are so pretty. The orange looks pretty with all the flowers. Same with the yellow and flowers. From seeing many of your pretty blocks since I began I see a very pretty. Oh I see the second one is butterflys. How pretty.
    floral quilt.
    Last edited by JuneBillie; 04-19-2016 at 03:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam P View Post
    Love your flowers and butterflies QNS. Ready for summer! Here are mine. I liked Mrs. Brown but Mrs. Fay gave me fits and it is on my do over list. It is probably the most wonky block I've done so far (that I remember). But having practiced those y seams, I think the next one might turn out better for me.
    Pam P, your blocks are so pretty. Pretty light pink and green, with the pretty flowers and what looks like little piggies. I also like your purple and yellow/gold one. The dark purple looks pretty with the lavender tiny flowers.

I have to admit, I haven't started on these two yet.

Thanks Susan. No hurry. I think we are all on our own timetables. I am not as far ahead as you think. I missed about 10 blocks in the middle over the holidays. I will catch those up eventually but I try to jump in where we are and then play catch up later. I do love that piggy fabric, it is both cute and pretty.

How fun to see your pretty blocks, ladies. That piggybank fabric is just adorable! QNS I have that same green spotted fabric.

I made mine several days ago because I knew I'd be away this week. Here they are. VERY challenging and y-seamy!Name:  DSC02398.JPG
Views: 506
Size:  1.32 MB
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Love your blocks, Pam and your blocks, Sewbizgirl! Way to go!

Thanks for all your nice words about mine. The blocks seem to 'speak' to me, I think I am going one way, but it all changes after I start picking out the colors. I had a packet of 'charms' in front of me and seen how it made the butterflies 'pop', so it when into the block! Fun times. On to the next... everyone moves at their own speed because 'Life' just happens to us all...Hope Honchy enjoys her vacation with her Sister and comes back fully charged up again.

For some reason I can't see your blocks Sewbizgirl. I find this site is kind of touchy about that.

Well now this morning I can see them! Must have been the user! Great job on the Y seams, you must have done those before ; ) Love the softness of your fabrics in Mrs. Brown.

Absolutely gorgeous blocks, ladies. So different with the color choices. Great job on the y-seams. See mine? Nope, didn't do them, didn't even try. Proud of yinz and your results.Name:  67 & 68.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  511.9 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

All great blocks and wonderful fabrics, ladies! Love your batiks, JanRN. I've been gathering batiks for a quilt my granddaughter has requested, so I've been paying a lot of attention to them. It's a Jacqueline deJonge pattern -- yikes! And SewBizGirl, you're right -- the latest blocks have been very y-seamy, but as much as I grumble about them, they're getting better with all this practice.
    Name:  Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Fay.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  173.3 KB

Jan, your batiks are so pretty. I just love the blues and purples you use. Katybob, yours say 'spring' to me. I really like the shade of teal (or aqua?) in Mrs. Fay. I would love to have that color.

Thanks, Pam. It's more teal than aqua. Either my little camera or the program I use to edit the pictures don't show the real colors very well. And add my thumbs up for your piggy fabric!

Blog Entries
    Sewbizgirl both of your blocks are so pretty. One is brighter and one soft. I love them both.

JanRN both of your blocks are so pretty with the rich blues and purples. Very nice.

Katybob your two blocks are very pretty, and they look like they coordinate in colors. Those pretty soft yellows look so nice in each one.

All of you did a great job on your y-seams. I will do better with a lot more practice on them I think. lol..

Pam I just might let last weeks go, and try to be with everyone else for at least one week. So I just might start with the next ones due for next time. I will be posting my Mrs. Anderson today.

Here are my blocks for this week - many weeks later!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

So pretty with your small calicoes, Jeanie. I loved making Mrs. Faye (the second one).

Mrs. Brown:
    Name:  Mrs Brown 67 scan002.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  769.7 KB

These directional fabrics...I'm trying to get better at placing them, but I haven't done it yet. I'm always surprised at how they end up facing. Between those and the lines being slanted, maybe I'll call this quilt Squirrely

It's great! It doesn't look squirrely to me...

Thanks, givio! I'm so excited to find out that I'm over half finished with the piecing!! I'm excited! I put it on my bed today and was shocked to see how much they covered. Yay, yay, yay!

You are inspiring me to get my blocks out and start working on a layout, Morganfam....

You are looking great morganfarm7. I have been guilty of not following up posts lately, trying to 'catch up' here.