Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
must be addicted >

must be addicted

must be addicted

Old 12-06-2016, 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=quiltingcandy;7711546]You are not alone in your love for gadgets. I have an electric pressure cooker, the Showtime rotisserie, a Kitchen Aid mixer with several attachments (one being the ice cream maker) and the list goes on. They are all so much fun.
Unfortunately the use of zucchini as noodles does not taste the same to me or the rest of my family - kind of like using ground turkey in the spaghetti sauce instead of hamburger. It amazes me when people say they can't tell the difference. The taste and texture is different, not bad, just different. So I have to be in the mood for it.[/QUOTE

When I use ground turkey in spaghetti sauce, I add a can of chopped olives. The richness of the olives helps replace the beefiness of ground beef.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:41 AM

[QUOTE=madamekelly;7713524][QUOTE=quiltingcandy;7711546]You are not alone in your love for gadgets. I have an electric pressure cooker, the Showtime rotisserie, a Kitchen Aid mixer with several attachments (one being the ice cream maker) and the list goes on. They are all so much fun.
Unfortunately the use of zucchini as noodles does not taste the same to me or the rest of my family - kind of like using ground turkey in the spaghetti sauce instead of hamburger. It amazes me when people say they can't tell the difference. The taste and texture is different, not bad, just different. So I have to be in the mood for it.[/QUOTE

A new spiralizer....used once.....will be returned.Neither of use cared for the texture of the veggies I used,zucchini,carrot & onion.Think we just prefer same ole......The Instant Pot is used,but as a rule ,new gadgets have to earn their keep
Old 12-09-2016, 06:05 AM

I too love kitchen gadgets-----have every one mentioned and then some...exception being that electric pressure cooker..read several bad reviews, so am shying away......my fav is my electric crepe maker..a goodwill find and makes perfect crepes....another often used one is what is called Vidalia onion chopper...but I use it for more than just onions.....rect shaped, rounded corners,self container with two different size squares pop in cutters...set those onto base, set on veggie, close lid with a slam and those cut pieces fall right into the container below....great way to get ones aggressions out!
my addiction to gadgets has certainly spilled over into my sewing room too!
Old 12-09-2016, 01:18 PM

[QUOTE=plainpat;7714958][QUOTE=madamekelly;7713524]
Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
You are not alone in your love for gadgets. I have an electric pressure cooker, the Showtime rotisserie, a Kitchen Aid mixer with several attachments (one being the ice cream maker) and the list goes on. They are all so much fun.

A new spiralizer....used once.....will be returned.Neither of use cared for the texture of the veggies I used,zucchini,carrot & onion.Think we just prefer same ole......The Instant Pot is used,but as a rule ,new gadgets have to earn their keep
Too bad about the spiralizer. I just used mine again to add some substance to a small pot of pinto beans. I spiralized a couple of zucchini into spaghetti looking noodles and sauteed them quickly before adding to the soup to make more of a vegetable soup. I think it is a great way to add vegetables to my diet.