Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
must be addicted >

must be addicted

must be addicted

Old 12-03-2016, 03:23 PM

Default must be addicted

to gadgets...picked up a Veggetti Pro and love it. It makes zucchini noodles so fast. I sauteed them for a few minutes in olive oil, added pasta sauce and garlic. Yum! And no pasta carbs! Yeah!

Only thing is I only used 1 zucchini and it wasn't enough for two. Need to use at least two maybe three zucchini.

Cleans easily and is so fast and accurate. Looks just like spaghetti noodles.
Old 12-03-2016, 03:34 PM

Cooking Gadgets!
I just picked up a Power Pressure Cooker XL but I can't use it until Christmas, because it's my gift!!! (Yes, I picked out my own gift.)
I'll have to look into this Veggetti Pro...sounds interesting.

Watson
Old 12-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

​I love zucchini and noodles, a win win combo!
Old 12-03-2016, 05:01 PM

You are not alone in your love for gadgets. I have an electric pressure cooker, the Showtime rotisserie, a Kitchen Aid mixer with several attachments (one being the ice cream maker) and the list goes on. They are all so much fun.
Unfortunately the use of zucchini as noodles does not taste the same to me or the rest of my family - kind of like using ground turkey in the spaghetti sauce instead of hamburger. It amazes me when people say they can't tell the difference. The taste and texture is different, not bad, just different. So I have to be in the mood for it.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Cooking Gadgets!
I just picked up a Power Pressure Cooker XL but I can't use it until Christmas, because it's my gift!!! (Yes, I picked out my own gift.)

Watson
My husband tolerates my different cooking experiments, but he ate this up without blinking. The noodles absorbed the sauce so it was quite tasty. I like pasta but I tend to eat too much of it, so is a way for me to eat pasta (zucchini noodles) along with him.

I am thinking of taking a sweet potato and using one of the spiral blades to cut thin chips. I will probably air fry them. Maybe something like but air fried. https://karolinaskitchen.com/2013/07...o-curly-fries/

Last edited by slbram17; 12-03-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
You are not alone in your love for gadgets. I have an electric pressure cooker, the Showtime rotisserie, a Kitchen Aid mixer with several attachments (one being the ice cream maker) and the list goes on. They are all so much fun.
Unfortunately the use of zucchini as noodles does not taste the same to me or the rest of my family - kind of like using ground turkey in the spaghetti sauce instead of hamburger. It amazes me when people say they can't tell the difference. The taste and texture is different, not bad, just different. So I have to be in the mood for it.
We were really happy with the noodles. I like pasta but the calories for a small portion are crazy.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I have a regular stove top pressure cooker and use regularly to make ribs, sometimes rice. The ribs always turn out so tender.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
​I love zucchini and noodles, a win win combo!
I think so too...I want to try different vegetables with it. It can be taken apart to fold flat for storage, but I just set it under the counter.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Cooking Gadgets!

Watson
I don't blame you one bit for picking out your own gift...I'm sure you will love your pressure cooker too.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:42 AM
Power Poster

I bought a good quality spiralizer some years ago and love it. The veggie noodles are excellent. My young grandsons love using it and we have spiralized every type of food possible. The sweet potatoes are awesome. I love turnips too. And I always buy myself something for Christmas.

Last edited by Onebyone; 12-04-2016 at 08:45 AM.