Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Needing home made ice cream recipes >

Needing home made ice cream recipes

Needing home made ice cream recipes

Old 06-30-2015, 06:05 AM

Default Needing home made ice cream recipes

We are having an old fashion ice cream social in our little town and I need recipes. Thank you so much!
Old 06-30-2015, 06:56 AM

This is the recipe I use:

It is from the booklet that came with my ice cream attachment for the Kitchen-aid stand mixer. It is yummy!

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/fren...ce-cream/print
Old 06-30-2015, 10:30 AM

there is a quick standby of 2 ltr coke with sweetened condensed milk. I can't remember if it takes 2 cans or not. But it makes a quick vanilla.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:56 PM

this is not cheap but SOOOOO good - the Starbucks frappuccino in glass bottles makes AWESOME ice cream. I find it is too rich to drink but as ice cream, it's great.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:56 AM

I followed a recipe from a friend, except I made mine low-fat, and used Splenda, so my diabetic family can eat it.....with small portions at a time.

Fat free, Sugar free Ice Cream recipe(so good, you can't tell it's not made with all the real ingredients!)

1 (14-oz) can Eagle Brand fat-free Condensed milk
1 2/3 cup Splenda
1 large container of fat-free Cool Whip
1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
4 cups of milk
*Optional -- 2 - 4 cups of fresh fruit

*Optional -- 1 can low-fat Evaporated Milk

In large bowl, combine all ingredients except milk. Mix well.
Add the pureed or mashed fruit (peaches, strawberries, etc.) & a few drops food coloring if desired.
Pour into freezer well, and add enough milk to fill the can. Freeze according to directions
Old 07-01-2015, 06:44 AM

Do an online search for White Mountain ice cream maker recipes. There are a lot there. I used to use a recipe that was from Pet Evaporated Milk. It was "low cal" but it also used raw eggs. By today's standards that's a no-no.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:45 AM

Ha!! Have to laugh as the ad just below this is how to get rid of a belly!!! Not on homemade ice cream for sure.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pam Riggs View Post
We are having an old fashion ice cream social in our little town and I need recipes. Thank you so much!
There's also a great recipe using Yohoo Chocolate Drinks...don't have the recipe with me but it is delicious. Maybe google youhoo chocolate drinks for the recipe?
Old 07-01-2015, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ View Post
I followed a recipe from a friend, except I made mine low-fat, and used Splenda, so my diabetic family can eat it.....with small portions at a time.

Fat free, Sugar free Ice Cream recipe(so good, you can't tell it's not made with all the real ingredients!)

1 (14-oz) can Eagle Brand fat-free Condensed milk
1 2/3 cup Splenda
1 large container of fat-free Cool Whip
1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
4 cups of milk
*Optional -- 2 - 4 cups of fresh fruit

*Optional -- 1 can low-fat Evaporated Milk

In large bowl, combine all ingredients except milk. Mix well.
Add the pureed or mashed fruit (peaches, strawberries, etc.) & a few drops food coloring if desired.
Pour into freezer well, and add enough milk to fill the can. Freeze according to directions
First 4 ingredients for "Fat-free" Cool Whip are - Water, Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Adds a Negligible Amount of Fat) (Coconut and Palm Kernel Oils), High Fructose Corn Syrup. Might want to re-think that recipe. They get away with calling it Fat-free because the serving size is so small. Also Fat-free condensed milk is LOADED with sugar.

Last edited by ptquilts; 07-01-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:05 PM

This is a superpremium ice cream (butterfat =18%) which is so rich and so flavorful that you will probably agree it's the best ice cream you ever tasted.In a large mixing bowl whisk two eggs*, add 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and whisk together until thoroughly mixed. Then add 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar and again mix thoroughly. Don't pack the brown sugar into the measuring cup, let it stay loose just as it comes out of the box. Then add 1 pint of heavy whipping cream, 1 pint of half and half, 1/4 tsp salt and 2 1/2 tablespoons of real vanilla extract. For the very best results (who wants anything less?), let the mix chill in the refrigerator for about four hours which allows the mix to "age" before freezing according to the directions with your ice cream freezer..
*If you are concerned about the possibility of Salmonella from uncooked eggs, substitute an equivalent amount of Egg Beaters. Each recipe makes about 2 quarts of ice cream.