Peanut Butter Balls

Peanut Butter Balls

Old 12-22-2011, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinggirl View Post
Here is my recipe:

2 c peanut butter
1 lb powdered sugar
1 stick butter
3 c Rice Krispies (note: you can use graham crackers (crushed) instead)

Mix all ingredients well. Form into small balls and put in refrigerator to chill thoroughly.

Melt chocolate almond bark (or any chocolate bars or chocolate chips) in microwave. Be sure to check every 30 seconds so that the chocolate doesn’t scorch. Insert toothpick in each peanut butter ball and dip into chocolate placing them on wax paper to set up.

The peanut butter balls are great without the chocolate too!! 
I've made peanut butter balls for my grandkids for years and years. They call them Mimi's balls. I make a tin full for them to keep in their fridge and when it's empty, they return it for a refill. Years ago I used the recipe used at the school cafeteria (of course in smaller proportions). It was large jar of creamy peanut butter, same amount of honey or pure cane sugar, and powdered sugar -- enough to make it form a ball. Roll into balls (rounded tablespoon) then roll in powdered sugar. Line tin with waxed paper and place waxed paper between rows.

Paula Dean uses 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup honey, and 1 cup powdered milk. I use this recipe also, but still add a little powdered sugar to the mix. Of course I make larger batches. Instead of honey, I used pure cane sugar (Steen's in this part of Cajun Country). 2 balls equals a portion of meat protein.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:52 AM

These work just as well without parafin. The parafin messes with the digestive system. I use dipping chocolate, chocolate or other flavor chips, but never with parafin.