Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: peanut butter fondant candy

peanut butter fondant candy

When I was kid we used to make this candy for Christmas-no idea what it's really called but when it was assembled and cut it looked like spirals. It was delicious and may not have required any cooking. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and has a recipe I would love to have it.
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

I just looked, and there's lots of recipes via Google!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Would this be the one that is made with boiled, chilled potatoes (or mashed potatoes) powdered sugar rolled out, spread with peanutbutter; then rolled jelly roll style, chilled and sliced.

It is called Potato Candy - it is made with boiled potatoes, confectioner's sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. I Googled potato candy and received numerous recipes. I also remember this from my childhood.
    Aronel aka Lee

Oh I remember this .... though ours never had peanut butter in it. And then it was dipped in melted chocolate and paraffin, to create chocolates!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    I do one that we call pin-wheels and it's rolled up like a log then u chill for a little and then sliced never do use bolied potato in it mine uses Conf.sugar,1- block creme cheese,then u spread peanut butter over it if u would like the recipe just holler~~~Hope this help

The version we made didn't have potatoes in it-on the other hand I can't remember what it DID have in it.
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Oh I remember this .... though ours never had peanut butter in it. And then it was dipped in melted chocolate and paraffin, to create chocolates!
    My Mother made them like this without peanut butter. It seams to me she called them "Texas BonBon's". After I left home I would request them at Christmas time.

Ooh, I think I may have found it!

PEANUT BUTTER FONDANT

1 lb. confectioners' sugar
    1/3 c. butter, softened
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1/3 c. light corn syrup

Mix all ingredients until blended. Roll fondant between wax paper to 1/4 inch thickness. Spread with peanut butter. Roll the mixture in a "jelly roll fashion." Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours. Cut into slices with serrated knife.

Blog Entries
    Looks interesting and yummy. May have to try this. Thanks for sharing.
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast