Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pear side dish

Pear side dish

Here is an easy and colorful side dish to any main meat: (make a day early)

Take canned pear halves and drain the juice into a sauce pan. Put the pear halves into a bowl. You can make as much as you wish, there is no certain number of cans needed - just estimate how many people will be eating them and buy that amount of pears. (For four people I usually buy 2 small cans) Add cinnamon hearts to the juice - again to taste; the more hearts, the spicier the juice. Simmer the juice on the stove until the hearts melt, stirring occasionally. Pour the cinnamon juice over the pear halves making sure it covers the pear halves. Put plastic wrap on the bowl and chill overnight. Remove the pears from the juice to serve - they look nice around a ham or turkey.

Thanks for this! I do cooked apple quarters like this and they are soooo good and keeps well in th refrig. for several days! I will try the pears too!

Blog Entries
    Sounds yummy

Thanks my mom like side dish idea very much when i share it with her.This is a side dish that calorie-conscious holiday diners will appreciate. My grand pa also like it very much becaus he is very diet concious.