Pre-Diabetes/Diabetes Recipes

Pre-Diabetes/Diabetes Recipes

Old 12-16-2016, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

I get a lot of my recipes from here
http://diabeticgourmet.com/
and on-line diabetic newsletter
Old 12-16-2016, 03:36 PM

I am a diabetic. I make mock mash potatoes with cauliflower. They are truly good. I try o eat vegetables, a lot of them. No carrots, potatoes or any other starches. I do eat breads. Only whole grain breads such as Wheat. I drink plenty of water. Decafe tea and coffee.You can find a lot of recipes on google or any other search engine.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:46 PM

One cannot eat to prevent diabetes per se. If you don't have it, you don't have it. Also, just because you know ppl who eat carbs that still have issues doesn't mean all ppl shouldn't eat carbs or have sessions with dieticians. I am a nurse and constantly see ppl who refuse to learn anything about diet who just think "a little more insulin" is all they need.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:48 PM

I went to a dietician when I was diagnosed type II diabetic. The best advice she gave me was "if you can't tell what it was when it grew, don't eat it!" Eleven years out and my a1c is 6.4 and I am still losing weight slowly without dieting. Also no magazine, no milk, and very little if any sugar because I don't like sweet food. Switching from margarine to real butter started my weight loss, since it takes so little butter to get the flavor instead of way too much margarine for the same amount.of flavor. Margarine was invented to fatten up pigs for slaughter but it killed the pigs, so they feed it to us instead!
Old 12-17-2016, 09:58 PM

GS is a nurse, studying to be a NP, he tells it like this: Dr can only direct, it's up to the patient if they follow directions or not.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:38 PM

Diabetes is passed down in every generation in our family. My mother's doctor told her to eliminate all the white things; sugar, potatoes, bread, pasta, anything made with white flour. She even told my mother that not all whole wheat is real, that some is actually dyed brown.