Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Fried Chicken (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/fried-chicken-t150733.html)

jvtheo0 09-05-2011 06:03 PM

Sure would like a recipe for old fashioned fried chicken-close to KFC if possible.

RkayD 09-05-2011 07:48 PM

years ago I found one when I googled copy cat recipes.

cairns 09-06-2011 04:34 AM

I will be watching
LC

jodyma 09-06-2011 06:12 AM

I was looking for pressure cooker recipes last week and found one for KFC. I didn't try it. I just got my first pressure cooker and I was afraid to try it. Fixed ribs last night and burner them up, so I am going to stick to the recipes that came with the cooker for a while. Until I get used to it. If you try the recipe please let me know how they turn out. Just google pressure cooker recipes

JusticeClan 09-06-2011 06:26 AM

I will be watching too. I've also been looking for one.

EmilieLaFave 09-06-2011 09:52 AM

KFC Copycat recipe:

INGREDIENTS:

1 tablespoon rosemary
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon powdered sage
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 teaspoon marjoram
1 1/2 teaspoon thyme
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons dry minced parsley
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoons garlic salt
2 tablespoons onion salt
2 tablespoons powdered chicken bouillon
1 package instant tomato soup mix

PREPARATION:

There are actually 11 spices in the original spice mixture, but we needed an additional 3 ingredients were necessary to derive that same special flavor. Place all ingredients in blender with on/off speed for 3-4 minutes to pulverize, or rub through a fine strainer. Store in an airtight container so it will not lose potency.
Skin chicken, if desired, and dip in water, and then coat with mixture. Fry slowly without a lid, to make it more crispy. Turn over several times and cook at least 20 minutes to assure doneness. Enjoy.

JusticeClan 09-06-2011 10:08 AM

Can you find the instant tomato soup mix where you are? I have this recipe and that is the only ingredience I can't find---anywhere.

BMP 09-06-2011 10:32 AM

THANKS I want to try that recipe for sure !!!

Sandra-P 09-06-2011 01:39 PM

I have looked for the instant tomato soup mix too, with no luck.....

Carol's Quilts 09-06-2011 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by jodyma
I was looking for pressure cooker recipes last week and found one for KFC. I didn't try it. I just got my first pressure cooker and I was afraid to try it. Fixed ribs last night and burner them up, so I am going to stick to the recipes that came with the cooker for a while. Until I get used to it. If you try the recipe please let me know how they turn out. Just google pressure cooker recipes

Please, please do NOT use a pressure cooker to fry chicken. It is really dangerous and you are inviting disaster. KFC uses a pressure FRYER, not a pressure COOKER. There is a vast difference.