Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   A new dessert (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/new-dessert-t244159.html)

#1piecemaker 03-29-2014 07:34 PM

A new dessert

My Aunt shared this recipe with my sister who shared it with me. My DH chose it over his favorite banana pudding tonight. That says a lot. Hope you enjoy it too!

layer a 9x 13 casserole dish with vanilla wafers. Mix together 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and 1/4 cup of lemon juice and one can crushed pineapple (juice included) and pour over wafers. Then put a layer of cool whip over that. Then add another layer of vanilla wafers and top with more cool whip. Garnish with coconut and marachino cherries and nuts if desired. Let sit overnight in fridge before serving. ( you can eat it right away but is better if it sits cause the cookies soak up all the juices and makes it cake like)
Enjoy!!!

judy363905 03-29-2014 07:53 PM

Yum. Wondering the calorie count. But then who would even count them while enjoying this...will bookmark to try. Thanks for posting :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

Vat 03-30-2014 03:10 AM

Calories with Sweetened Condensed Milk are you kidding me ! ! ! Don't even think about it ! !
Does this have a name? I hae a luncheon coming up and will probably make it then.
Thanks for sharing.

quilter1 03-30-2014 03:29 AM

Sounds yummy, and it's make ahead too. A few banana slices would be good too.

sweetpea 03-30-2014 04:31 AM

Thanks. this is one that will be added to my sunday dinner dessert list.

#1piecemaker 03-30-2014 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by quilter1 (Post 6651406)

I did have some banana pudding left over at the same time I had this left over and I combined the two together and it was pretty good. So, yep, bananas would be good too.

#1piecemaker 03-30-2014 05:09 AM

I think I would call it "Just Almost Split" hehehehee!

Barb in Louisiana 03-30-2014 05:12 AM

We make a version called Millionaire pie here in the Deep South. This version is from Cook.com

We add coconut to the mixture and bananas if we have them and don't put the pineapple rings on top. Make it, put it in your fridge and serve when cold. It is scrumptious. This could be layered as a parfait with vanilla wafers. If you add chocolate syrup as a topping, you have a version called Banana Split Pie.

MILLIONAIRE PIES

Printed from COOKS.COM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 graham crusts
1 lg. can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. lemon juice
1 can sweet condensed milk
1 container Cool Whip
Cherries
1 can sliced pineapple rings

Mix lemon juice and condensed milk together. Add pineapple, Cool Whip and pecans. Mix well. Divide the mixture into the 2 crusts. Top with cherries and pineapple rings. Chill for at least 1 hour.

CherryPie 03-30-2014 06:29 AM

Sounds scrumptious!!! Will have to bookmark. Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Daisy Dew 03-30-2014 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by quilter1 (Post 6651406)

Well of course then: - wait for it

Banana Split Wafer Surprise!!