Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Ninja Smoothie Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/ninja-smoothie-recipes-t131861.html)

plainpat 06-20-2011 09:48 AM

Do you have a Ninja food /ice chopper?The "recipe" book is a joke,so would like to find good smoothie recipes.

virtualbernie 06-20-2011 02:57 PM

You can use any smoothie recipe in your Ninja--I do. I don't follow a recipe, I just throw in any frozen fruit I have a taste for, some milk, a little vanilla flavoring and sugar (I use Splenda) and press the button! Um Um Good!

plainpat 06-20-2011 03:05 PM

Do you add ice?

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
You can use any smoothie recipe in your Ninja--I do. I don't follow a recipe, I just throw in any frozen fruit I have a taste for, some milk, a little vanilla flavoring and sugar (I use Splenda) and press the button! Um Um Good!

virtualbernie 06-20-2011 03:11 PM

You can add ice if your fruit is not frozen but I think that waters down the taste. I buy lots and lots of fruit especially when it's on sale and freeze it. That way I always have fruit on hand and don't have to use ice. If you are using bananas cut them about 1" pieces. Also, make sure you peel the bananas before you freeze them (ask me how I know :lol: )

plainpat 06-20-2011 04:24 PM

LOL.....I was just about to take my 1/2 frozen banana out of the freezer....not peeled. I was able to get it peeled & sliced ,added frozen strawberries,milk & vanilla & whirled it around.Made way too much & it needed to be sweeter.Not bad tho for 1st time.I froze what was left....to add to next one,or DH will eat it as ice cream.Next time.I'll peel the banana 1st LOL

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
You can add ice if your fruit is not frozen but I think that waters down the taste. I buy lots and lots of fruit especially when it's on sale and freeze it. That way I always have fruit on hand and don't have to use ice. If you are using bananas cut them about 1" pieces. Also, make sure you peel the bananas before you freeze them (ask me how I know :lol: )

echoemb 06-21-2011 03:32 AM

I use orange juice and yogurt in my smoothies and drink in the morning.

My favorite is pina colada yogurt, orange juice, pineapple, and a banana...very good.

BMP 06-21-2011 03:48 AM

I have one but havent made any smoothies...mostly used to make MARGARITA's ....

LindaaJR 06-21-2011 06:26 AM

I have 2 frozen bananas in the freezer not peeled and now am afraid to tackle them LOL. Any suggestions on how to go about peeling them? Take care.
Linda

Gatormom3 06-21-2011 07:04 AM

I start with a banana, add vanilla yogurt, frozen fruit (blackberries, raspberries, peaches, strawberries) orange juice and perhaps milk if we have some that needs using. Love it when we have all the different kinds of fruit but often use less variety - always good! Enjoy

virtualbernie 06-21-2011 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by LindaaJR
I have 2 frozen bananas in the freezer not peeled and now am afraid to tackle them LOL. Any suggestions on how to go about peeling them? Take care.
Linda

The only problem with freezing unpeeled bananas is that when frozen the skin gets very thin and soft and you have to let the banana defrost a little to get the skin off which sort of defeats the purpose of freezing them in the first place. Just add a couple of ice cubes and you should be fine. :-D