Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Pork ribs? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/pork-ribs-t227708.html)

Tartan 08-11-2013 03:54 AM

Pork ribs?

I have my pork ribs and the barbecue sauce. I want to roast them in the oven for noon. I plan to cut them into 2 ribs sections first. I plan to brown them and then place them in the sauce in the oven at 350. If I put them in at 9:30 should I lay them all out flat on an cookie sheet or covered in a roasting pan and last 1/2 hour spread them out to crisp on a cookie sheet? Will 2 1/2 hrs be too long and meat fall off? I plan to take them to a picnic and I want them to turn out. HELP!

Bonnie 08-11-2013 04:38 AM

I cover with foil on a baking sheet and bake for about 2-21/2 hours. Then remove foil and smear with sauce and use broiler to finish them up. Should turn out great. Forgot to tell ya that I don't add any liquid to the pan. Makes enough of it's own while baking.

GingerK 08-11-2013 04:41 AM

I also cover with foil but put the ribs on a rack on the baking sheet so that they do not sit in their own fat. But I cook them at a much lower temp--usually 275 degrees for 2-3 hours. Then pour off the accumulated fat or put on a different pan and raise the temp. or throw on the bbq and finish with sauce.

Tartan 08-11-2013 05:14 AM

Thanks! I will spread them out, cover with foil, get them cooking and then finish with the sauce the last 1/2 hour or so.

QuiltE 08-11-2013 07:24 AM

Too late for you this time .... but for the next ...
I cook them in water on the stove top, just long enough to get them par-cooked, and to cook out the fat.
Drain.
Put ribs in the crockpot. Add sauce.
Cook in the crock.
Makes for some real tender and juicy ribs.
Plus ... easy way to take them to the event ... and keep them warm too!

Sandygirl 08-11-2013 07:47 AM

I just throw them in a crock pot with seasoning. About an hour before I want to eat them I drain the juice, add the BBQ sauce and keep cooking on Low. I really dont care for BBQ sauce so I may just have DH sauce his portion. Yum
sandy

QuiltE 08-11-2013 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl (Post 6228270)
I just throw them in a crock pot with seasoning. About an hour before I want to eat them I drain the juice, add the BBQ sauce and keep cooking on Low. I really dont care for BBQ sauce so I may just have DH sauce his portion. Yum
sandy

duhhhhhhh .... now why didn't I think of that? :D:D:D:D
One pot ... less mess ... more time to quilt ... and set the timer to drain and add the BBQ! :)

Tartan 08-11-2013 11:40 AM

I took 4 racks of ribs cut into 2 rib portions in my electric covered casserole. I didn't bring any home so I guess they passed the taste test. Thanks everyone!

Sandygirl 08-11-2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6228303)
duhhhhhhh .... now why didn't I think of that? :D:D:D:D
One pot ... less mess ... more time to quilt ... and set the timer to drain and add the BBQ! :)

EXACTLY!!

i have one of those little crock pots from Aldi. It is the perfect size to put 2 portions of country ribs in and let 'em cook! They are done in about 4 hours too. I use that baby crock pot a couple of times a week. Chicken breasts, pork roasts, etc. i dont want to babysit a hot oven.

Sandy

pacarnahan 08-12-2013 02:57 AM

If the weather is hot, I put my crockpot outside to cook. Also, I cannot stand the smell of food cooking at night, so I never use the crockpot overnight.