Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   What main dish do you take to potlucks? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/what-main-dish-do-you-take-potlucks-t131129.html)

catrancher 06-18-2011 07:53 AM

Lasagna

craftymatt2 06-18-2011 10:35 AM

A good cold salad, I use tri-color noodles, and green onions (chopped), tomatoes (the small grape tomatoes), a sliced up cucumber, shredded carrots, you can add sliced pepperoni or salami, I don't like olives, but if you do add them. Add either fat-free or reg Italian dressing and mix well, I do not use the whole bottle. Its very good and filling. Good luck and have fun

grannypat7925 06-18-2011 10:53 AM

Crockpot Fiesta Chicken

Put 5 or 6 chicken tenders in bottom of crockpot. Over this put one can (undiluted) cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup.
Mix together one can corn (drained)
one can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 cup salsa of your choice
2 TBSP. Taco seasoning
Pour on top of soup in crockpot

Cook on high 3-4 hrs. or low for 6 hrs.

Cook some rice and add 2 cups of the cooked rice to the crockpot shortly before serving.

Garnish with sour cream and/or grated cheese when served (if desire).

Very easy and makes the crockpot full (3-1/2 qt. size pot)

This keeps well and reheats well.

darleneerickson 06-18-2011 11:27 AM

Bonnie

I would love your BBQ recipe.

thanks

darlene

martyquilter 06-18-2011 02:36 PM

Wow guys what a bunch of great receipes & ideas!!! thanks
so much & I am not even cooking for a crowd!!!!

np3 06-18-2011 02:45 PM

There have been some great ideas here! I specifically need a main dish, but the salad ideas will be good at other times too. I'm pretty sure the crock pot will win out. Not much time involved and won't heat up the house.....or me!

LNS64 06-18-2011 02:47 PM

How about a chicken salad. I simmer breasts, cut them into bite size pieces, add halved grapes, celery, and toasted slivered almonds. For dressing I use half mayo and half plain or vanilla yogurt. This is a summer time fav at my house.

G'ma Kay 06-18-2011 02:49 PM

chicken enchiladas in the summer, chicken and dumplings in the winter.

BPKquilter 06-18-2011 03:28 PM

Three or four bean salad. Make a day ahead and chill.

iowabelle 06-18-2011 05:42 PM

We had a church potluck the other day, and my friend Velma brought this vegetable casserole. We talked and we think it would be good with the addition of some chopped chicken/turkey, or possibly browned hamburger or tuna.

Velma also added some cooked carrots the night she brought this.

1 17 ounce can of whole kernel corn
1 10 ounce package frozen cauliflower, cooked
1 10 ounce package frozen cut broccoli, cooked
4 or 5 carrots, cut in 1/2 inch pieces, cooked with other vegetables
1 small can sliced mushrooms
1 17 ounce can cream-style corn
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of celery soup
2 tablespoons oleo
1 1/2 dup soft rye or white bread crumbs

Drain whole kernel corn, cooked vegetables and mushrooms. Cut any large pieces. Combine cream-style corn, cheese and soup. Fold in drained vegetables. Pour in a greased 9 X 13 inch baking dish. Melt oleo & toss with the crumbs. Sprinkle on top of the mixture. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven about 30 to 35 minutes or until hot through. Serves 12 to 15.