Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question about cake with soda only

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    I was wanting to make this, but not sure if it would turn out .. now I have to make it ! I am so very curious ..
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I just made this yesterday....with chocolate fudge cake mix and a diet soda. Turned out just fine and quite yummy. I am thinking the amount of time spent mixing it might make a difference. I did it just as the instructions on the cake box suggested......lots of beating....

Blog Entries
    I used regular white cake mix and 12 oz. of Weight Watchers cherry flavored cola. I cooked it in a bundt pan and nothing, flat as a pancake. Maybe it was the silicone pan I cooked it in?

I've never tried this but the girls in Weight Watcher's were telling me about it. I just wanted to add my 2 cents and would think the problem is the cake mix, if it's outdated the baking soda/powder may not be good. Anyways, I love the recipe ideas on here and it alway inspires me to try something new.

I have eaten this cake and it was very good (chocolate with Coke) My friend says the soda must be room temperature
    Quiltlady

Blog Entries
    it could be the silicone pan as they do not transfer the heat like metal or glass pans and sometimes the baked goods doesn't rise or cook all the way thru.

Blog Entries
    sorry about the bad "english" - baked goods don't rise as they should.

I use silicone pans for baking, but have never found a significant difference in how they bake but I have never made a cake with a mix so couldn't guess what went wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2