Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recipes for Guests?

Blog Entries
    Baked spaghetti,salad,garlic bread.All can be made ahead.Ice cream with a selection of cookies. Tea & coffee.....also they can be prepped ahead.
    Pat C

Quote Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
    I cannot resist the urge, so here goes. Your post is titled "recipes for guests" and my first thought was how do you want to cook them? Roasted or baked.
    Grilled Now there's a thought... maybe I'll fire up the grill.

I was looking more for new recipes to try vs. a menu.

BBQ chicken, potato salad, something green and easy like roasted asparagus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    I like to prepare a regional dish for guests from out of the country. I live in a coastal area, so fresh local seafood would be the main course. I tend to prefer simply prepared vegies to those with a heavy dressing or sauce. This time of year we eat roasted or grilled asparagus, fiddle heads, new carrots new potatoes etc. Dessert would be something regional too or at least Canadian, like Nanaimo Bars, Butter Tarts etc. Something make ahead. Local wines, locally roasted coffee, locally grown tea and we are set.
    Oh butter tarts and Nanaimo bars yum yum cam I come for dinner soon! Do you have any Saskatoons for a pie or rhubarb for a crisp?
    A bed without a quilt is like the night sky without stars.

http://californiaquilting.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Well I was curious and checked out Nanaimo bars. Yumm they look good. I copied several recipes from Foodgawker. Thanks for sharing. BTW I love British Columbian and hope to return again someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    I like to prepare a regional dish for guests from out of the country. I live in a coastal area, so fresh local seafood would be the main course. I tend to prefer simply prepared vegies to those with a heavy dressing or sauce. This time of year we eat roasted or grilled asparagus, fiddle heads, new carrots new potatoes etc. Dessert would be something regional too or at least Canadian, like Nanaimo Bars, Butter Tarts etc. Something make ahead. Local wines, locally roasted coffee, locally grown tea and we are set.
    Murphy1
    For our wonderful Golden Retriever adopted in March of 2010.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2