Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: sPANISH OMELET

HELP !!! I am looking for a good Spanish Omelet recipe - one that has the sauce in it.
    I had one years ago from someone in St. Augustine, Fla., and now can't find it. Oh was it ever good.
    Dodee

Blog Entries
    Dodee, I googled some Spanish Omelet recipes, some have tomato sauce and some donít. I googled Bed & Breakfast Inn recipes in FL but wasnít sure what I found is what you are really looking for. Iíve made omelets adding the ingredients that I would add to tacos or a Mexican layered dip and melt cheddar or pepper jack or Monterey cheese on top or mix the 2. Iíve used salsa instead of tomato sauce and sometimes fresh diced tomatoes on top with green onions to make it pretty and taste fresh.

Hi Scrap Happy - I haven't gotten them yet, but looking forward to them. If it isn't what I am looking for, I can fix one up, I THINK. Thank you so much
    Dodee

Blog Entries
    Hereís 1 that has tomato sauce and it has wine in it too. Hope it helps.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1815,152161-248195,00.html

Dodee,Saute; about 1/2 cup chopped onion, minced jalapeno and 1 tomato chopped into small cubes.Add 1 can tomato sauce,season with garlic powder,salt and black pepper.Simmer and serve over egg omelet.

Thank you, Dora, and to everyone else, too, who sent me recipes. I can just taste that omelet now. Hmmm mmmm mmmm
    Dodee

You're welcome Dodee,I love to cook and I guess my kids and nieces like my cooking because when they want to impress someone I get a phone call (since they're all over the country)and I talk them through the recipe which of course most of the time does not include measurements with teaspoons, tablespoons or cups.I love those phone calls...