Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Super wave oven recipes

Super wave oven recipes

I just bought a new super wave oven at Sam's. I love it, but would like to have more recipes. Do any of you have this appliance or recipes for it?
    Jo Ann
    Jo Ann

is that like the nuwave oven? I got a recipe book with mine. See if they have a website, lots of appliances have recipes posted

Blog Entries
    If it's the nuwave oven my sister has tried so many of their recipes and loves it. She also loves doing her stuffed peppers in it.
    Judy

I have a flavorwave, I think that's the same type oven. I cook anything in it I would cook in the full size oven when I don't feel like heating up the kitchen. It works great for "frying" sausage. The grease all drips off and they get nice and brown. It works great for prepared food (like fish sticks) too. I have even cooked casseroles in there, as long as the pan fits it is like using your oven. Although the fan will blow the foil off so it works best with uncovered casseroles.
    :-)
    CAS

I think the super wave is the oven made by Sharper Image. It is like the nuwave except it has a glass dome instead of plastic. Other than that I believe they are basically the same. I have a Nuwave and love it. Yes, I have cooked a frozen turkey in it and it came out great. (Well, half of a frozen turkey--I buty extra at thanksgiving and have the butcher cut them in half for me.) There was a cookbook that came with the Nuwave--if you go on line you can join their cooking club and get additional recipes there.
    Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

No, but I want one of these!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Check out complaints for Nu Wave oven. Google "complaints Nu Wave oven." There are a lot of disatisfied customers.
    Lots of complaints about cracking plastic dome. I don't have one so can't offer an opinion. Just wanted everyone to be aware before they buy.

This is the first I've even heard of these ovens. I'll be continuing to watch this thread. The summers are getting so much hotter and lasting longer that another cooking option wouldn't be a bad thing. I've made best friends with my crockpot but there are limits to what can be successfully cooked in them.

I liked my flavor wave oven until the dome cracked along the heating element. I'm going to google for a replacement dome now.
    :-)
    CAS

I Love my Super Wave Oven!!