Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: sweet potato ?

Blog Entries
    I bake up a whole one, put on some butter and brown sugar and with a nice tossed salad that is my whole dinner and that is more than enough. I love sweet potatoes. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

The left over sweet potato will keep better if it is cooked first. It takes no more energy to cook the whole one.
    I cook three big ones at a time, eat one meal, put one meal in the refrigerator and put the rest into the freezer in one meal portions.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Blog Entries
    I almost like that idea better than mine.......cook up a bunch and they will be ready for lunch!!!!!! OMG did I do that????
    Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Blog Entries
    I make roasted white and sweet potatoes I peel and cut in half and cut long chucks steam them till they are soft though them in a roasting pan spray a little oil and salt and sprinkle rosemary and roast for an our never have left overs. But they can be warmed up easy

Blog Entries
    I love sweet potato too. I just cut off what I need then put the rest in the crisper. It may get a little discoloration on the cut end but I just cut a sliver off before I use it next. I can keep it for a week or so and it's still good.. Just got onto Parsnip chips. YUM. I will microwave Sweet Potato, white potato (small) carrot, parsnip and pumpkin all cut into chips until almost cooked then place under the grill under crispy. Yum, yum, yum.

We love baked sweet potatoes but like you, hard to find small ones. So I just buy a large one, bake it, then slice it in half the long way, and we each have a nice sized potato to eat. Now I'm hungry and it's too late to eat!

I'm on a sweet potato kick this week. I nuke mine, a little butter, lots of cinnamon and equal. yum yum !
    Syl

I Love BIG sweet potatoes...with lots of butter! But I really don't eat all of it at one meal. I want to though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2